Losing ain’t really losing when you’re winning.

October 22, 2011 in Me and My Public Self,Stuff I Should Think About Regretting Later

My previous post, “I hear pimpin’ ain’t easy.  Well, neither is kickball,” I mentioned the upcoming kickball tournament the work joint put on for a charity.

Upcoming = Today

Or rather, still-dark-when-the-alarm-clock-went-off-which-is-way-too-early-for-me Saturday morning.

(Or rather, I spent my Saturday with the most ghetto-fabulous people ever.  Who, for a charity, came together to form the most ghetto-fabulous kickball team ever called “Kickin’ it with my Pitches.”)

6 teams with about 15 people on each team is nothing to sleep late for.  The competition was all up in the air.  And thick.  But the high-fives and back slaps were seen all over the fields.  Regardless of your team colors.

It’s cool how you can play against someone, but at the same time be their biggest cheerleader.  (How sappy is THAT?  I must be hungry or something.)

Anyway.  Speaking of team colors, we didn’t really have a color.  We went with “ghetto.”  Which is much more our style.

Team Co-Captain...if it ain't obvious.

If you guessed Flava Flav, you'd be wrong. It's the smart sister. The clipboard should have totally given it away.

The smart sister's man. Cause 'boyfriend' sounds ridiculous when you're over 17. No matter how you're dressed.

Our cute as hell 3rd base coach.

Quite possibly the hottest center fielder and 3rd baseman. Ever.

The team captains of the other teams. I bought them all a grill to share the love. From my ghetto heart to theirs.

All players. Everyone. From every team. Ghetto or not.

Kickin' it with my Pitches

We ran.  We slid in the grass.  We occasionally scored a run.

We lost.

But when we thought about it…we really won.

We didn’t consider losing to be:

• Spending a perfect Fall day with friends and families
  • Cheering each other on as we rounded the base
  • Cheering the other teams on as they rounded the base
  • High-fiving everyone…whether they won or lost
  • Grilling hot dogs and drinking a cold one

So, all in all…we totally swept it.

For a good cause.

Karyn October 22, 2011 at 6:33 pm

OMG this was the best. I was waiting all weekend (here) for this post! And it lived up to the expectations. The photos are brilliant, the sentiment even better. How great to have real friendly competition! Love.
Karyn recently posted..Water Boarding With NemoMy Profile

Carrie October 22, 2011 at 7:35 pm

It was better than I expected. These are people I spend 8 hours a day with in the same building, but we only get to visit with passes in the atrium or before/after meetings. Some I don’t physically see for weeks…only contact is email or phone.

It was such a great thing to actually “spend time” with them and work not be involved.

I’m pretty lucky. They make my work life way cool.

Chrissy October 22, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Looks like ya’ll were the most fashionable!! Glad all had a good time and the weather was great too! Loved the pictures, did he play in those leather pants??

Carrie October 22, 2011 at 11:28 pm

It was great, great, great! Tons of laughing and cutting up.

Nope, he changed into shorts.

Lisa Guedry October 23, 2011 at 9:33 pm

That’s my girl! You are, by far, the most ghetto fabulous chick I know!!!!

Carrie October 24, 2011 at 8:02 am

Girl, I totally showed my ass. But it was all in fun…all in fun!

mark @ yelling near you October 24, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Sounds like a blast! Great pictures. I’m glad everyone had fun and it was a win for charity!
mark @ yelling near you recently posted..Introducing BitsyMy Profile

Carrie October 24, 2011 at 1:21 pm

It was loads of fun…can’t say enough about the great people there! Makes me wish we did this kind of thing more often.

But…that would consist of having to get up early on Saturdays, physically move before noon, and well….eh.

Seriously though, I’d do it. They’re all worth it.

Jennifer October 24, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Smart sister’s man. You know I blew that up so I could check him out. He’s totally cute.
Jennifer recently posted..Giveaway Winners and a Pinterest ChallengeMy Profile

Carrie October 24, 2011 at 4:25 pm

He’s totally awesome…and he sometimes reads this and now can you imagine the yacking my poor ears are going to have to endure??

BY HIM.

(Seriously…great guy. But I can’t be letting him think I think that.)