My confession about my tiara.

October 13, 2011 in The Very Few Times I'll Admit to Having a Soul

Here’s a confession:

I wear my tiara.  A lot.

There.  I said it.

OK.  Maybe not on my head…but in my mind.  Because let me tell you, I am one lucky girl.

That tiara makes me feel special.  Even if just for the moment.

In my mind, I’m wearing it when a friend surprises me with a Pez dispenser.

When my mother emails me juicy mother/daughter gossip only we giggle at.

When I answer the phone and hear, “Hey, you busy?” and it’s the little girl I used to go swimming with at the country club.  35 years ago.

When my sister can barely breathe from laughing so hard and says, “You have to promise not to blog about this!”

When I get an instant message at work from a co-worker 3 hours away that says, “Put a weenie in any office plants lately?”

When I call that co-worker on the 4th floor and I’m in crisis mode and she says, “I’ll take care of it.  For you.”

When Dad calls and says, “How about breakfast Saturday morning?”

When the lady in payroll visits my cube every other Wednesday, and we solve the worlds problems.

When the plant guy at the office (who I publicly profess to love even though he’s totally gay) prances by and says, “Hey sister, how’s it hanging?”

When the girl I met on the school bus back in the 4th grade, texts me with, “Lunch today?”

When my church ladies understand me.  And tolerate me.  In spite of me.

When I get a local magazine email forwarded to me from a way-high-up-the-food-chain-girl that says, “You should enter this.”  And it’s a writing contest.

When the baby sister calls to see if I’m going to Mom & Dad’s for lunch on Sunday.

When my sister’s boyfriend (boyfriend.  ridiculous title if you’re over 17.) leaves a note on my car thanking me for being me.

When I open my mailbox and there’s a card from the girl I met only 5 years ago at my very first job in Austin…but feel like I’ve known my whole life.

When that suit at the office on the 2nd floor tells me I’m a control-freak, while we’re in a meeting.  With a genuine and approving smile.

When the very first follower of my blog stops by my cube…just to see Beyonce’.  Who is my little metal chicken.

When that sweet girl back home answered so many questions about blogging before I started blogging, and when that sweet girl over in Australia shoots me comments on my blogging.

As well as that super cool girl in the Netherlands.

When the girl I get my makeup from, surprises me with lipgloss.  And the best notes.

When that guy I begged to help me form a charity kickball team at work finally gives in and says “Fine.  For you, I’ll do it.”

And I could go on and on.

And on.

I have lots and lots of good people in my life.  Lots.  And for that I am so thankful.

And all I can do is my best.  My best to be doubly as good to them as they are to me.

Because they let me wear my tiara.

Peggy Sterling Scarborough October 13, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Daughter,
Give me a minute to think up some good gossip to share…lol!
So glad to be able to shine your tiara with you.
By the way, what do you want me to cook for lunch Sunday?
Always,
Rowdy

Carrie October 13, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Sterling women are never short on gossip. You know that. =)

Breane Dooley October 13, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I wish my mom lived closer so she could fix me lunch on Sunday’s! :) 5,000 miles is just too far away. You are a special woman, Carrie. I’m glad to have you in my life. :)

Carrie October 13, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Aww…thank you. I’m the lucky one though.

You were my very first inspiration. I’m forever thankful!!

Mom will gladly set out a couple more plates for you and that good husband of yours!

Karyn October 13, 2011 at 10:19 pm

LOVE this post, how great are the people in your life?

Even more so, reading this, you might want to consider the fact that the people in your life appreciate you so much because you’re an awesome person!

Its like one of those chicken-or-the-egg scenarios…

Awesome post, and extra special that I was mentioned in it! who hoo! I’m totally famous on someone else’s blog! (Unless of course there’s another Aussie girls stalking your post in which case, I feel like a total douche 😉
Karyn recently posted..How Do You Like ‘Dem Apples?My Profile

Carrie October 13, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Nope…you’re my Aussie stalker! Which proves my luck is now worldwide.

Way cool.
Carrie recently posted..My confession about my tiara.My Profile

Dena October 13, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Carrie, Carrie, Carrie… darlin you wouldn’t be you without your tiara and we only see you with it on, no matter how you choose to top your sassy red head ((((love hug))))

Carrie October 13, 2011 at 10:24 pm

HAHA! Like I always say…I love, love, love my Dena!

TJ Lamperez October 14, 2011 at 8:05 am

Carrie,
You have no idea how I look forward to your blog. Since you and I where born on the same day(although 9 years apart) we share a love of humor. My father told me you where the cool one in family. Although I use to think he said just to get to me, but he was right ,you are cool. I am going to come down to Tex in May 2012. I want to see my mother and father’s grave. Visit Kenny and Ester and Aunt May. I will try to make to Austin to see you. MMMMM lets see the last time I saw you??? You where 10-11 maybe. Anyway keep writing I see a book in the furture.
Love ya,
Cus.Tj*

Carrie October 14, 2011 at 8:16 am

May 2012, it is!! Be sure and be duded up when you’re here…seriously high chance you’ll see yourself show up right here after you leave!!

What fun! Looking forward to it!! Yay!

Krystyn (Krizzy Designs) October 14, 2011 at 8:14 am

Oh, and you rock and own that tiara!
Krystyn (Krizzy Designs) recently posted..Happy 5th Birthday, IsabelleMy Profile

Carrie October 14, 2011 at 8:25 am

Maybe in my own little world. I gotta figure some way to get the boss to accept it as part of the office dress code.

THEN…it’s a party!

Jennifer October 14, 2011 at 8:51 am

You have good people because you are good people.
Jennifer recently posted..Share Your Awesome, The Preppy Girl In PinkMy Profile

Carrie October 14, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I just know I’m outrageously lucky.

I like that word – outrageous. I’m gonna use it more often.

JoAnn October 15, 2011 at 8:56 am

I should have known, so many people were lucky to have *you* in THEIR lives.

Carrie October 15, 2011 at 11:13 am

You’re such a bright spot. And so is my lipgloss.

{ 1 trackback }