If I can choose who I get my pat on the backs from, I’m gonna always choose to get them from someone who “gets me.”
Ya’ll know it’s huge to me when someone “gets me.”
Mark at Yelling Near You straight-up gets me.
I read his blog every time he puts up something new. He is always witty, always thought-provoking and always making me say to myself, “Well, I’ll be damned. Would you look at that?”
From his wife Bitsy and her ridiculously humorous take on life to his dog Louis who lives better than any one I know. They are a family I wouldn’t hesitate doing dinner with.
There are good people in this world, then there are good people in this world.
Mark and Bitsy are good people in this world.
He gave me a huge pat on the back. He awarded me with an award I’ve seen on several other blogs I read and love.
And am now part of the club.
Which is huge. To me.
Could I possibly use the word “huge” any more?
He said some of the nicest things on his blog about me to his readers. Which to me is, you guessed it…priceless.
There is something to be said when a fellow blogger finds you deserving enough to recommend to their readers. Because in the blog world, our readers are our lifeline. We don’t take any of them for granted.
And here are five I am handing The Versatile Blogger Award to:
1. Jennifer at Momma Made it Look Easy – She is like a “Godmother” to me on this blogging stuff. I bow down to her. She is precious to read and her family is easy to love. From their road trips to their train rides…you will love her.
2. Joan at Chocolate, Chocolate and More Chocolate – She, without a doubt, has to be one of the best of the food bloggers. Her step-by-step recipes are easy to follow and her charm bubbles through with every photo. Simply a doll.
3. Maggie at Accidentally By Design – She is a breath of fresh air and all about keeping it real. She’ll tell you her blog is the product of a broken heart, but she absolutely makes my heart smile. Lots. And I mean, lots.
4. Elaine at The Miss Elaine-ous Life – She is a stay at home mom with more energy and charisma than I knew was possible. Get this: She runs. And runs. For miles. I admire her strength and determination at doing all she does. She is a rare find.
5. Breane at An Alaska Girl’s Life…In Texas – She doesn’t blog often, but when she does, she puts it out there and hits the nail on the head. She is genuine, feisty and courageous. Texas got a little sweeter when she decided to call it home.
I hope you ladies will accept this HUGE award.
They are all very, very versatile in their own way. They have all become a part of my life, whether we’ve met in person or not. I thank them for the smiles and joy they add to my world and hope every once in a while, I do the same for them.