I like them. I really, really like them.

November 30, 2011 in The Very Few Times I'll Admit to Having a Soul

If I can choose who I get my pat on the backs from, I’m gonna always choose to get them from someone who “gets me.”

Ya’ll know it’s huge to me when someone “gets me.”

Mark at Yelling Near You straight-up gets me.

I read his blog every time he puts  up something new.  He is always witty, always thought-provoking and always making me say to myself, “Well, I’ll be damned.  Would  you look at that?”

From his wife Bitsy and her ridiculously humorous take on life to his dog Louis who lives better than any one I know.  They are a family I wouldn’t hesitate doing dinner with.

There are good people in this world, then there are good people in this world.

Mark and Bitsy are good people in this world.

He gave me a huge pat on the back.  He awarded me with an award I’ve seen on several other blogs I read and love.

And am now part of the club.

Which is huge.  To me.

Could I possibly use the word “huge” any more?

Probably.

He said some of the nicest things on his blog about me to his readers.  Which to me is, you guessed it…priceless.

And huge.

There is something to be said when a fellow blogger finds you deserving enough to recommend to their readers.  Because in the blog world, our readers are our lifeline.  We don’t take any of them for granted.

And here are five I am handing The Versatile Blogger Award to:

1.  Jennifer at Momma Made it Look Easy – She is like a “Godmother” to me on this blogging stuff.  I bow down to her.  She is precious to read and her family is easy to love.  From their road trips to their train rides…you will love her.

2.  Joan at Chocolate, Chocolate and More Chocolate – She, without a doubt, has to be one of the best of the food bloggers.  Her step-by-step recipes are easy to follow and her charm bubbles through with every photo.  Simply a doll.

3.  Maggie at Accidentally By Design – She is a breath of fresh air and all about keeping it real.  She’ll tell you her blog is the product of a broken heart, but she absolutely makes my heart smile.  Lots.  And I mean, lots.

4.  Elaine at The Miss Elaine-ous Life – She is a stay at home mom with more energy and charisma than I knew was possible.  Get this:  She runs.  And runs.  For miles.  I admire her strength and determination at doing all she does.  She is a rare find.

5.  Breane at An Alaska Girl’s Life…In Texas – She doesn’t blog often, but when she does, she puts it out there and hits the nail on the head.  She is genuine, feisty and courageous.  Texas got a little sweeter when she decided to call it home.

I hope you ladies will accept this HUGE award.

They are all very, very versatile in their own way.  They have all become a part of my life, whether we’ve met in person or not.  I thank them for the smiles and joy they add to my world and hope every once in a while, I do the same for them.

{ 23 comments }

Jennifer November 30, 2011 at 8:57 pm

{mwah} Love you.
Jennifer recently posted..All aboard the Polar Express…My Profile

Carrie November 30, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Back at you, sister.

You are my hero.

Karyn November 30, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Congrats! Mark @ yelling is an awesome blogger, so fun that you and I follow the same people! You deserve the award – “you go girl!”
Karyn recently posted..Your Children Aren’t Nearly As Intelligent As You Believe. (Trust Me On This.)My Profile

Carrie December 1, 2011 at 5:15 am

Thanks, darlin’! And I am SO glad to see you are back and at’em!

YAY for the rest of us!

Elaine November 30, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Congratulations on getting this HUGE award! ;) I love it!

And thank you so much for passing it along to me as well, you made my day. It’s been a while since I’ve gotten an award and this one is extra special coming from you.

I am however, a tad angry at you for turning me on to a blog about chocolate and food. Ahhh, who are we kidding, this actually makes you my newest bloggy BFF!!!! ;-)

Thanks again, girl!! xo
Elaine recently posted..Over the bayou and through the woods to the zoo we go…My Profile

Carrie December 1, 2011 at 5:17 am

I know. You can hate a little. Joan is awesome…and she makes every thing she does look easy enough for me to do.

You are superiorly fab to me!

Maggie S. December 1, 2011 at 5:42 am

Aww…Carrie, thanks so much. I just love you, too. And to be included in this crowd makes my head swim.

Carrie December 1, 2011 at 5:47 am

I know…it’s a great group. But I really have great fellow bloggers I find myself hanging around.

You being one of the top at the list.

Love, love, love my sweet friend.

Jennifer December 1, 2011 at 7:11 am

Congratulations on the award! Now, I must go check out this Mark person.. he sounds pretty funny!
Jennifer recently posted..Thankful for Mermaids & LegosMy Profile

Carrie December 1, 2011 at 7:13 am

Mark is just cool. A really, really cool dude.

And his wife is a riot! You gotta go visit.

mark December 1, 2011 at 11:08 am

Aww, thank you for the wonderful dedication, Carrie! This award is much deserved, and I am glad to share the love with awesome people like you.
mark recently posted..I is inn-o-scent, I swearMy Profile

Carrie December 1, 2011 at 11:19 am

Meant every word. Ya’ll are just good.

Maren December 2, 2011 at 4:43 am

Congratulations on you MUCH deserved award! Yay!
Maren recently posted..Goodbye November, hello December!My Profile

Carrie December 3, 2011 at 11:58 am

You’re too kind…thanks!

Joan @chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate December 2, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Carrie, I can’t send you a check but I’ll send you some chocolate, or whatever I might be making in the next few days that’ll ship, lol.

You are a bright spot in my day every time you post. When I hear a damn dog barking at 2 am, I think of you and what would you do.

When we are sitting around the dinner table, with a glass of whatever spilled all over the place I remind myself, you have a family just as bad as mine.

When my daughter starts dancing in the middle of the grocery store, I think of your mom.

Life is always good but it’s even better with you in it!

And seriously, send me an address, I’ve got some good stuff happening with the girls this weekend.

Hugs!
Joan @chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate recently posted..White Chocolate Mud CakeMy Profile

Carrie December 3, 2011 at 6:06 am

You’re too much…what great things to hear! That certainly brightens my day.

Love, love, love.

I’ll shoot you an address through email…yay!!

Poppy December 2, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Congratulations on your bloggy award – it’s always great to get something from a stranger than doesn’t require antibiotics!
Poppy recently posted..I Brush My Teeth Back And ForthMy Profile

Carrie December 3, 2011 at 6:05 am

Thanks! And so thrilled you stopped by!

Jennifer December 3, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Congrats on your award…love your posts!

Carrie December 3, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I appreciate that so much…thank you, thank you!

Sunshine December 30, 2011 at 1:13 am

Thank you for the links. I found your blog from thebloggess.com. You make me laugh. You seem like such a fun aunt.
Sunshine recently posted..Christmas AftermathMy Profile

Carrie December 30, 2011 at 8:17 am

Aww…thanks tons! And to say you found me from the bloggess is like THE BEST.

She is just amazingly crazy.

So, so glad you stopped by…SO glad!!

Amanda February 26, 2012 at 2:42 am

Hi, you make me laugh. Thank you for the links. Great Job!
Amanda recently posted..My Facebook BlogMy Profile