I got nothing. Except a wine-stained skirt and a candle.

December 4, 2011 in Me and My Public Self

It’s way late.  Like, well past midnight.

I could have done this much earlier.  But I didn’t get out of bed till after 10:00 on this Saturday morning.

(So worthless.  I obviously still have no shame.)

Then I laid around till 3:00.

When I had to run some clothes to the dry-cleaners before they closed.

In my pajamas.

(I know.)

I had to thow’em my skirt I giggled red wine on last night.  I am so classy.

(Thank you, Jesus for letting Mr. Dry Cleaner Man know me already.)

Uh, huh.  I thought I got it all out with the club soda, but not quite all.  He said they could do it though.  If they can’t, I deserve it.

A little.

Last night was the 5th Annual Ladies Holiday Get-Together the smart sister and I do every year.

Years ago, it started off as just ladies from the work-joint.

Then a year or so later, a few friends of friends started getting invited.

This year, we added our lady-men friends to the list.

(Our “lady-men” friends.)

(My competition for the spot light now at my own parties?  Gay men.)

(I know, right?)

Each year is better than the last.  Every single time.

This is the time I can indulge in a little too much wine and totally get away with making an ass of myself in front of these people and not feel guilty.  They’re used to it by now.

Not that I feel guilty when I do it at the work-joint.  I just don’t drink red wine there.

That’s a totally different kind of ass-making thing.

Temetria, Dena and Terry. Complete and total love from me.

Lots of food. Lots of sharing. Lots of wine.

Remember: We're in the South. Us southern girls talk totally by hand. Louder and faster with wine.

Who hosts a ladies holiday party with lady-men and has no gag gifts?

Not me and the smart sister.  You shoulda known that.

My little gift-bagged up delight was…you guessed it:

A tiara.

They fought for it.

I’m surprised I wasn’t requesting to have red wine AND blood removed from my skirt.

Divas and gay men will bust up a new set of acrylics for a tiara and not think twice about it.  Trust me on that.

Sweet Diane radiating pride under that royalty.

The tiara alone wasn't enough for Temetria. She had to make a sash. But she also cooks and cleans in her own tiara. She's a pro at this tiara-wearing stuff.

Sweet Margaret had the privilege of crowning Robert. Who is one of the best things in my life. If he wasn't so gay, I'd marry him. Right now. He knows this.

I got a candle.

And I ain’t complaining.  I’ve been burning it all day.  Smells scrumpt.  But I’m too lazy to go see what scent it is.

I know it’s burgundy-colored.  But that probably doesn’t mean much.

So, this is the reason for my sleeping in and then dragging around like a beat up cat all day.

(I don’t know where that came from either.)

Get this.  Only three glasses of red wine.

Three.

Yes.  Three.

Am I a cheap date or what?

Don’t answer that.

Especially if we’ve gone out before.

Maggie S. December 4, 2011 at 6:02 am

Sounds like fun. Where did you have it? Do you say ” tee air uh” or “tee ahh ruh”? I am also in the South and a Belle will cut you over this kind of thing.
Maggie S. recently posted..Reaching the LimitMy Profile

Maggie S. December 4, 2011 at 6:03 am

And of course, I don’t remember which one is right. I am from Oklahoma. You know how we are.
Maggie S. recently posted..Reaching the LimitMy Profile

Carrie December 4, 2011 at 8:09 am

Uh, please. It’s “tee air uh” with a huge emphasis on the “air” part.

We had it at Romeo’s…a little, quaint Italian place on the funky side of downtown Austin. This was the 3rd time in 5 years for us to have it there. The waitstaff is fab, the event planner doesn’t jerk us around trying to get deposits and such for a table…they are one of the few places that actually appreciate you doing business with them and not like they are doing YOU a favor.

You never, ever need an invite to any party I do. Consider yourself invited now, so if you’re ever in Austin when I’m doing something, you can sit by me!

Lisa Guedry December 4, 2011 at 8:54 am

Looks like ya’ll had a blast! Seeing Robert in the tiara made my year! Love you!

Carrie December 4, 2011 at 8:56 am

We did. Bad thing about it? HE looked as good, if not better than any woman in it.

That boy is something else.

Maren December 4, 2011 at 8:59 am

Oh I love the “tee air uh”, I can just hear a southern belle in my head right now. I use to make that accent for fun. For fun!

“If he wasn’t so gay, I’d marry him.” 😀 😀
Maren recently posted..I’m doing the numbers.My Profile

Carrie December 4, 2011 at 9:03 am

See?? You do a southern accent like “I” do a British accent!

I love that!

You probably sound legitimate though. I just sound like a hillbilly trying to sound British.

And yes, Robert is my dear. Always the life of the party…always.

Jennifer December 4, 2011 at 11:08 am

I’m so jealous. My friends and I were trying to get together today, but work schedules and the weather have made it not happen.
Jennifer recently posted..Share Your AwesomeMy Profile

Carrie December 4, 2011 at 11:36 am

We always have such a great time. It’s always a different crowd than the year before, and somehow it just works.

I highly recommend this kind of stuff at the holidays. It sure keeps me from getting the bah-humbug crap.

Kim December 4, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Love the tee-air-uh! What a perfect gag gift, I am totally stealing that! I will just get all my girls and gays together, throw the tee-air-uh up in the air, jump back and watch the show! That has “Merry Christmas Kim” written ALL OVER IT!
Kim recently posted..DIY: Salt Dough Hand Print OrnamentMy Profile

Carrie December 4, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Oh, it’s a good time. For sure.

Make sure you toss in some wine though. Once the giggling starts, it’s all down hill from there!

roncdivico December 4, 2011 at 8:45 pm

looks fun,especially the red wine part of the story! 🙂

Carrie December 4, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Oh, it was…and THAT was some of the best parts!

Jennifer December 5, 2011 at 8:14 pm

My peeps live everywhere in the country but NJ. I don’t get to do these awesome things… And my two college besties? ONe is in North Carolina and the other is in…. wait for it… Austin.
Jennifer recently posted..Thankful for Mermaids & LegosMy Profile

Carrie December 5, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Sounds to me you’re due for a trip to Austin. 😉

Barbara December 6, 2011 at 6:04 am

Everything in life is better when you put on a tiara. Having two girls, we have several around here.
Barbara recently posted..Holding It All TogetherMy Profile

Carrie December 6, 2011 at 6:11 am

Oh, yeah…with two girls, you know what it’s like!

And unless they each have their own, one is probably the start of many arguments!

Hollywood Farm December 6, 2011 at 9:39 am

I miss the work holiday party. Staying home with the kids, there is no one to throw us a Holiday party!!! WAHHHHH! If I have to cordite an another elementary shoal holiday party before a stay at home mommy holiday party Im going to scream!!!!!

Can you hear that??………….

That is me screaming in the distance!
BRING ON THE HOLIDAY PARTY FOR THE STAY AT HOME MOMS!
Hollywood Farm recently posted..This One Is For G GMy Profile

Carrie December 6, 2011 at 10:05 am

Tie’em to the door knob and come on!

We always have a FAB time…so if you’re ever in Austin, a FAB time is waiting!!! =)

Young American Wisdom December 7, 2011 at 9:17 am

Tiaras & red wine, what could be more fun? Sounds like my kind of party.
Happy to have landed here.

Carrie December 7, 2011 at 9:25 am

Let me tell you…those are two of my favorite things in life!

And thrilled you’re here! YAY ME!

Elaine December 8, 2011 at 11:01 am

I woulda TOTALLY fought for that tiara! This queen of the house NEEDS me one of those!

Sounds and looks like an awesome party!! 🙂
Elaine recently posted..The Halls are Decked, yo.My Profile