I might have some of what it apparently takes to be a reality show. But do I have one? No.

December 16, 2011 in Crap I Was Considerate Enough to Not Bother You with Before Now.,Hit or Miss...kinda like my dating life.,Stuff I Should Think About Regretting Later

I never get sick.

Never.

I learned this week to never say never, too.

Total suckage. And I suggest you not get too close to your monitor. I am sneezing frequently. With no warning.

I’m not absolutely positive, but I think this suckage hit me when I was watching those damn Kardashian’s on that Barbara Walter’s special this week.

(No.  The suckage didn’t hit me then, but I dislike the Kardashian’s enough to blame them for most everything.)

(I mean really.  They’ve done nothing but grow ass to be famous.  Where’s MY reality show??)

(Trust me.  Nobody wants that.  Moving on.)

I don’t do Pinterest.  Not for any reason other than I haven’t loaded that syringe.  But I hear a lot about it.

I mean A LOT.

From what I gather…lots of ideas on everything now come from Pinterest.

(Am I even spelling it right?)

Here’s my little sweet Christmas tree:

Yeah. I like me some lights in my crib.

(It’s kinda blurry.  I guess because my eyes are watery.)

(Or maybe because the Kardashian’s are watering their asses for more growth.  We’ll blame them for the blurriness here.)

While I’m sure many of you are saying (out loud), “Ooohhh…where did she find white, fluffy snow to put under her tree?  Especially since she lives in Texas?”

Well, I’ll let you in on a little secret:  It ain’t snow.

I know.

It’s white, feathery boas.  Yep.  Just wrapped right up around the base of my little tree.

And it is cute.

Looks fake as hell.  But cute.

And no.  Did not come from Pinterest.  I did that all on my own.

Yes, I did.

And here’s my little Christmas tree topper:

IIIII know!

A little tiara.  For my little Christmas tree.

It was all plain.  And I fancied it all up with lots of glitter and glitter glue and anything sparkly I could find in Hobby Lobby.

Take that Pinterest.

See?  I’m crafty and all idea-y.

I am just coming right on out of my little shell.  Being all creative and such.

Get this.

(I think I maybe told one girl at work about this.)

How’s this for coming out of the old shell?

I sent a video to a dude in New York.

(Thank you new little camera phone.)

Now, I know what you’re thinking.   But it’s not that kind of video.

(Get your mind out of the Kardashian’s gutter.)

He does a blog I read and every Christmas he does a big online concert.  And he encourages his readers to send him videos of them singing Christmas carols, then he posts them up on his blog for the world to see.

So, it’s like one big online Christmas concert.

And this year…I DID IT.

Uh, huh.  I’m Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree.

At the Christmas Party Hop.

As soon as I hit “send” in my email to him…I died a slow death.  I now know for a fact, there is no way to retrieve sent emails.

I crawled all up in my monitor begging that email to come back.  But no.  It’s gone.

He’s supposed to do the “concert” this Sunday.  So, as soon as I go live…I’ll put the link up.

And at that time, I’ll also know for sure he used my video.  Cause how shame would I be to tell ya’ll all that then he doesn’t put it up?

(Not very…since I have no shame.  Remember?  I tell you all the time.)

So, we’ll see how THAT goes.

Which might be either the collapse of the internets or a new career as a backup singer for Beyonce’.  This could really go either way.

Sorry.  But I need more kleenex.

{ 19 comments }

Sandy Nesom December 16, 2011 at 10:04 pm

get well soon, missy!!!

Carrie December 16, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Believe me…I am trying. They hate me at work right now.

Jennifer December 16, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Love the boas and the tiara and the lights. Can’t wait to see the concert.
Jennifer recently posted..Share Your AwesomeMy Profile

Carrie December 16, 2011 at 10:19 pm

He’s sorting through things now…he just tweeted that.

I’m gonna die.

But it is pretty funny. Mostly because I did it. Me. Who runs from the camera when it’s locked in the car.

Elaine December 16, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Girl, I am SO “pinning” the tiara on the top of the tree idea!!! ;-)

You crack me up!
Elaine recently posted..Peppermint Bark (also known as my "Christmas Crack")My Profile

Carrie December 17, 2011 at 8:18 am

Damn. Are you saying I’m Pinterest-worthy??

I need to get on that and figure out what it is and how to do it.

I’m always dragging my feet (and other body parts) and missing out on crap.

Maggie S. December 17, 2011 at 6:50 am

Why are reality shows always so unreal? Kardashians don’t need a show. They need to visit a hospital or a soup kitchen and see that life is bigger than your “laser hair removal” bill.

Get well. Stay in. Stay hydrated.

And I’m gonna go repin Elaine’s pin of your tree.
Maggie S. recently posted..Is It Reeeeeally The Most Wonderful?My Profile

Carrie December 17, 2011 at 8:20 am

Maggie…laughing makes me cough. Please stop. The “laser hair removal bill” just made something really gaggish sounding happen.

I’m going right now to Pinterest. I mean, I checked it out back in 1994 before anything was ever said about it…but I couldn’t make it click with me.

I’m all over it now.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell December 17, 2011 at 10:32 am

Whoa girl, even in your sickness you’re all ballsy and gutsy and melodious. I’m entirely impressed! Well, actually I’ll hold back judgment on how impressed I am until I hear your tune. But the boa thing and the tree topper are pretty awesome, so you’ve got the crafty thing down. :)

Carrie December 17, 2011 at 10:38 am

If it’s cheap and easy…I’m on it.

Ballsy. Now, THAT word is good.

Jessica December 17, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I am avoiding Pinterest myself. I hear there are options upon options of shit (is it okay if I swear?) and I’m not a person who likes to sort through a whole lotta options. In fact, I’ll just continue to look and feel bad about my total lack of decorating skills and lack of funds to LEARN decorating skills, and then hate everyone involved with Pinterest. Who has time for all this crap?

I can barely get my kids fed, and bathing…well, that happens twice a week if they’re lucky. I’m surprised they aren’t sick like you, considering that little fact.

My husband says now that you’ve confirmed he was “right” on the boob line, you need a full torso shot for proof. Clearly my boobs aren’t holding his interest since they’re no longer holding milk.
Jessica recently posted..I’m Such an Old WomanMy Profile

Carrie December 17, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I’m giving Pinterest a try…but not sure it’s gonna hold my interest. Probably because I don’t know what the shit I’m doing.

(Obviously swearing is allowed.)

Maren December 17, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Awww, I hope you feel better really soon!
On the bright side, you have the coolest christmas tree topper in HISTORY OF MANKIND!!
Maren recently posted..Omelet – and a new pic of me!My Profile

Carrie December 17, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Thank you! I kinda shocked myself. I really thought once I did that first layer of glitter I had probably jacked it up pretty bad.

Then it kept getting better.

I could have really overdone it like most things I attempt.

But I must say…I’m pretty proud of my little tiara up there.

Karyn December 18, 2011 at 8:59 am

Tapping my fingers and waiting on that video!
Karyn recently posted..In The Spirit Of The Holidays And All Things GoodMy Profile

Carrie December 18, 2011 at 9:03 am

He’s supposed to launch it today. Not sure of what time…but the date is today.

I am dying. It is totally unlike me to do ANYTHING like that. I have seriously started family squabbles over somebody wanting to take pictures at the holidays.

Then I go to this?

Total jackass.

Melssa Placzek December 18, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I’m pinning you as soon as my Pinterest is up ;)

xoxo,
~Melissa
Melssa Placzek recently posted..dutch babyMy Profile

Carrie December 18, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I am ALL over it now.

I’ve been bouncing all over that place. I see now why I hear it needs a 12-step program.

You will certainly see me creeping around there LOTS.

Jennifer December 22, 2011 at 7:17 am

LOVE the tiara! I can’t wait to see your performance!
Jennifer recently posted..The Story Behind the CardsMy Profile