My family is total love…but let’s keep it real.

December 24, 2011 in Vlog. Or really just the real me.

I love these people.

I really do.

Though I probably don’t tell them often enough.

We laugh.  We interrupt.  We get loud.  We love.

A lot.

These people are my strength.  My support.  My total joy.

But regardless of how deep my love is for them…more than a couple of hours is really enough.

But again…we totally love each other.

And we all wish you lots of love for a beautiful holiday and tons of happiness in the new year.

Just keeping it real.

Maren December 25, 2011 at 3:34 am

Enjoy your holiday with them, it’s a lovely time of the year! I’m feeling ready to go home already, my mother-in-law doesn’t agree. Sigh. :p
Maren recently posted..Merry Christmas bloggers!My Profile

Carrie December 25, 2011 at 8:23 am

We really have a great time together…but that’s kind of our joke with each other: acting like we’re sick of each other pretty early.

I’m glad you were able to spend time with yours…Merry Christmas, sweet girl.

Maggie S. December 25, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Yeah, Christmas “break” is killin’ me softly… and Mickey has next week off. Love the fam. Love ’em…. Love.

…yay for Christmas.

Carrie December 25, 2011 at 1:47 pm

If we couldn’t joke about being done with each other…we couldn’t stuff our faces and drink too much.

mark December 25, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Small doses is the best policy 🙂 Merry Christmas to you and the family!
mark recently posted..Existential Thirst is the Engine that Drives the Holiday MachineMy Profile

Carrie December 25, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Same to you, Bitsy and Louis! I hope it’s a fab holiday for ya’ll!

Jennifer December 27, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Sounds like fun! Just four words, and I know I really like your dad.
Jennifer recently posted..The Story Behind the CardsMy Profile

Carrie December 27, 2011 at 6:11 pm

We had a really good time. Mom cooked way too much and way too good but I sho ain’t complaining.

Karyn December 28, 2011 at 6:05 am

Love this. You are all so cute! We had a ‘family’ Christmas also, and it was mostly good – so there you go, some years you get out unscathed and think WTH? It was GOOD! This was our year. Hope you have a happy holiday season!
Karyn recently posted..Loyalty CardsMy Profile

Carrie December 28, 2011 at 10:06 am

Ain’t that the truth?!? We had a really good time and we were all like, “Are we really kin?”

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell December 29, 2011 at 7:15 am

Oh yeah, I feel that video. I love my family, but dang, I was there a long time…a looooooooooooong time!

Now my kids, I could eat them up every second, but the extended family gets old, old, old.
Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell recently posted..Old-Time Cinnamon JumblesMy Profile

Carrie December 29, 2011 at 8:46 am

We always have a really good time when we’re together. But I am still thankful we’re not the Waltons and all living up under one roof.

Jessica December 29, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I totally should have recorded something similar at my Granny’s house! Except the quiet chatter behind you? Yeah. It wouldn’t have sounded like that. Probably more like a jet engine. And this year, my husband was the worst offender, I do believe. I hope it was wonderful!!!!
Jessica recently posted..Monday MumblesMy Profile

Carrie December 29, 2011 at 8:23 pm

It was pretty fab. Dad and I are partners in crime…way too much alike. I look like mom, but the rest is all dad.

There are very few things in my life I’m perfectly certain of…and having a way cool family is one.

Everything else I just wing it, close my eyes and hope for the best. =)

Elaine January 2, 2012 at 11:19 pm

That’s like when all the kids finally left and were put to bed on Christmas night. My mom and I were so pooped. We love everyone but damn are the loud and crazy!! 😉
Elaine recently posted..Last Night of the TreeMy Profile