Rockin Around the Christmas Tree. With my twang.

December 18, 2011 in Vlog. Or really just the real me.

Believe it or not, I can be quite the extrovert.

I know.  I was shocked, too.

But then I do have introvert-y tendencies.

I like to laugh loud, but don’t put me in the spotlight.

I like to sing in the car, but don’t ask me to do it in public.

Until now, apparently.

Remember how I told you now that I have my nifty little camera phone I’m in love with, I sent a video to a dude in New York?

Well, I was kinda afraid/hoping Neil (the dude in New York) wouldn’t use it for his 6th Annual Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert.

But he did.

Boy, did he.

(It’s kind of a melting pot kind of thing.  Go look at it.  People from all over singing all kinds of stuff.  Really cool.)

I have never – in my life – done anything like this.  I mean, I wanted to barf about .07 seconds after I hit ‘send’ on the email to him.

(Thank you, red wine.  You ass.)

But.

I discovered a little something about me I think I already knew.

I had fun.  Being me.

And even more fun after I saw the videos so many others sent him.  I’m glad I did it now!

Because really.  When have I ever given a rats ass about what anyone thinks?  About me?  My twang?  My singing?  Or my anything?

And why start now?

The older I get, the better my outlook gets on things like this.  I think we probably all could loosen up a little here and there.  And we all could maybe not take so much crap so seriously.

Me included.  And I am getting better at it.

So.  From me to you…a very Happy/Merry Whatever-It-Is-You-Celebrate I wish to you.

Me?  I celebrate Christmas.  So, Merry Christmas to me.

The one thing you could give me?

Your voice.  Right now.  Right here.

Sing with me.

Oh.  My.  God.

You just watched.

Beyonce’ I am not.

Go ahead and laugh.  If I can entertain you for just a couple of minutes…my job here is done.

And I am happy.

And you are welcome.

Boy Mom December 18, 2011 at 4:22 pm

HILARIOUS. and AWESOME. and PERFECT.

way to go red wine!
Boy Mom recently posted..Don’t talk to strangers!… unless it’s the guy dressed in red.My Profile

Carrie December 18, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Aww…thanks, girl! I was a bit nervous, but figured, “What can it hurt?!?”

Nada. Thing. =)

Jennifer December 18, 2011 at 4:23 pm

You did great, and you were among some pretty great blog company in that post.
Jennifer recently posted..Share Your AwesomeMy Profile

Carrie December 18, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Last night, it hit me: WHAT IF NO ONE ELSE DOES IT AND IT’S JUST YOUR STUPID FACE?!?

But I knew that wouldn’t happen after seeing the ones in the years past.

But still. I knew Neil would have my back.

Krystyn (Krizzy Designs) December 18, 2011 at 8:35 pm

You are hilarious…and awesome…and cracking up!

And, I’m thinking that red wine would definitely help me with something like this. A lot of red wine.
Krystyn (Krizzy Designs) recently posted..Easy treats with mommy and a recipe | Mommy and Me Monday | The 96th ed.My Profile

Carrie December 18, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I had to have a lot AFTER I sent the video.

The after affects is what’s rough.

Jackie December 18, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Not only can you write..you can SING! You can now quit your day job! Lol. You did great.

Carrie December 18, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Aww…that is like, the best. Ever. Thank you.

Though Beyonce’ DOES keep calling. Not sure what she wants though.

Kika December 18, 2011 at 11:16 pm

I love this! seriously LOL and I love your blog! so glad I came across it 😀
Your writing is awesome!
keep singing! you go red wine
Kika recently posted..Have I told you about these two?My Profile

Carrie December 19, 2011 at 6:18 am

Totally flattered. Tons of thanks.

I’m telling you, getting that camera phone was probably the down fall of the internet. I advise to stay back from your monitor for sure.

Maren December 19, 2011 at 4:07 am

I agree with everyone above! What a FANTASTIC video! Made my day for sure 😀
Maren recently posted..Week #11 Weigh-inMy Profile

Carrie December 19, 2011 at 6:16 am

You’re way too kind, Maren!! WAY too kind!

Karyn December 19, 2011 at 5:18 am

As you were saying “don’t tell my mother” I’m sitting here yelling at the screen:

“YOU”RE MOTHER WAS IN A FLASH MOB!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU GET THIS FROM!!!????”

(You calmed me down immediately when you repeated me, almost verbatim. Thank you for that. It’s always good to have someone come to their senses right before your eyes.)

Of course your singing was sickeningly good, so that was enjoyable, where’s the fun in that? The fun, was the interlude and your little speech. SO GREAT. And thank you for the well-wishes, they WERE lovely.

Now go find your Beyonce, Kelly, and Michelle, because God-knows its your Destiny…Child!
Karyn recently posted..In The Spirit Of The Holidays And All Things GoodMy Profile

Carrie December 19, 2011 at 6:16 am

HAHAHA!!! Great…now I gotta pee.

It’s really not my momma I gotta worry about. It’s dad. He’s been putting up with her for like 412 years…and now me. He stays pretty hidden for obvious reasons.

You are ridiculously fab.

Maggie S. December 19, 2011 at 2:54 pm

It’s charming. You really can sing beautifully, and as for Twang. You can’t sing that song without twang. Or you would be doing it wrong.
Maggie S. recently posted..Is It Reeeeeally The Most Wonderful?My Profile

Carrie December 19, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Aww…thanks, Maggie! I guess the ol’twang goes with some songs….but it puts a whole other spin when I throw it out there with Britney or Lil Wayne.

Melssa Placzek December 19, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Awesome! LOL! Really funny. Thanks for posting 😉

~Melissa Placzek

Carrie December 20, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I surprised myself actually…but thank goodness the words were there!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell December 19, 2011 at 11:55 pm

I really love that song, and girl, you totally rocked it! You have a great voice!
Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell recently posted..War Horse Movie Review + Exclusive War Horse Movie ClipMy Profile

Carrie December 20, 2011 at 8:41 pm

YAY! Thanks!

Carrie's Experimental Kitchen December 20, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Love it! I applaude your courage and you have a lovely voice don’t sell yourself short. Merry Christmas!
Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen recently posted..Baked Rigatoni with Meat SauceMy Profile

Carrie December 20, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Aww…thank you!! I am so glad you stopped by!!

Regina December 21, 2011 at 6:28 am

What a great job Carrie! Singing in public or posting it something I don’t think I’m ready for.

Thanks for sharing with us.
Regina recently posted..Price Check!My Profile

Carrie December 21, 2011 at 6:50 am

Wine. The secret is wine.

Kim December 21, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Oh, I LOVED it!! You have a kick-ass voice, an awesome twang, you’re hysterical and pretty to boot. Great job!!
Kim recently posted..A Cousin’s LoveMy Profile

Carrie December 21, 2011 at 5:40 pm

You’re too kind…thank you, thank you.

Poppy December 21, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I lip sync happy birthday so I think you’re awesome and brave with or without red wine. The 25 seconds in the middle were adorable — I bet your mom is too!
Poppy recently posted..The Cookie FlingerMy Profile

Carrie December 21, 2011 at 8:34 pm

LIP SYNC HAPPY BIRTHDAY?!? HAHAHA!!

Mom is pretty bad to the bone. Her genes have made me do all kinds of shit I later went, “What the HELL?” about.

Jennifer December 22, 2011 at 7:42 am

I think you have a pretty great voice. There is NO WAY I would do that- I can’t sing. Seriously. That is the sole reason I took up a musical instrument- because it was rumored (and turned out true) that Ms. Bowie made you sing a solo in her music class in 5th grade- so I joined band to avoid that.
Jennifer recently posted..The Story Behind the CardsMy Profile

Carrie December 28, 2011 at 8:11 pm

It was kinda one of those things that I could NOT believe I agreed to after the fact.

But, I don’t have a problem making an ass of myself. So that helps.

Traci December 28, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Loved it!! OMG not only is this something Aunt Peggy would do but you kinda sound like her 2!! PS love your blog!

Carrie December 28, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Aww…love YOU for loving it!

I know. You and I both are shit out of luck of ever NOT looking or sounding like our mother.

Especially you. =)