I’ve been dicking around before I knew dicking around was called dicking around.

January 1, 2012 in The Very Few Times I'll Admit to Having a Soul

I quite possibly may be the only person not all up into resolutions.

I lie to myself about plenty without even realizing it at the time.  I don’t need to actually consciously do it.

And list it all out.

Though I did consider two resolutions a couple of days ago…but after about 2.7 seconds of thought, I realized I couldn’t do these two things any better or any harder than I already do:

1.  Judge people quicker simply based on the mood I’m in at that time

2.  Curse more

See?  Resolutions should probably require a little effort.  I had this shit perfected by 3rd grade.

A creepy dude (who I’ve never met because it’s a friend-of-a-friend kind of thing) (and who I, by the way, find hysterical in a very dry sense of humor kind of way) I’m friends with on Facebook plastered this bad boy on his wall this morning.

I kissed my monitor.  With tongue:

someecards.com

(Funniest Web site.  On.  The.  Earth.)

If you have read even 4 words of any post I have ever written…you will absolutely, without a doubt agree that I should be sitting in that chair.

Holding that glass of wine.  (We both know that’s champagne but well, this is my blog and it can be a turd if that’s what I want.)

Except in high heels.

With shiny-fied lips from the hot lipgloss I sport.

(And let’s be honest.  If that WAS me in that chair with wine and high heels and lipgloss, and that pic was taken this week…I’d be in fat yoga pants and a pizza stained t-shirt.)

(And bedheaded up hair.)

(Cause I’m on vacation.)

(And I pretty much suck about right now and am quite happy about that.)

And that year wouldn’t be 2013…but more like 1984.

Cause that’s about the year I discovered dicking around and have since perfected it.

However, I am not quite sure I have ever used that term.

Dicking around.

I mean, I know what it is, I do it 14 out of 24 hours (because I’m sleeping the other 10), I live for it…I just never knew what to refer to it as.

I don’t feel like writing right now and you do not want a video of me.

Trust me.  I should be ashamed.

But I’m not.

I’m on vacation.

Remember?

So, avoiding all sappiness and mushy-feeling stuff…thank you.

Thank you for laughing with me.  Thank you for laughing at me.  Thank you for just laughing.

Thank you for dicking around with me.

I have more than loved coming to know so many of you and the only thing I would change if I could…is that we’d be sitting in a little quaint piano bar, drinking some of the best wine around, laughing way too loud, requesting the piano player to give us some Tiny Dancer.

Then some Benny and the Jets.

Then some Dancing Queen.

Then some Copacabana.

Then some Shower the People You Love with Love.

And all the other patrons in that little quaint piano bar would be saying, “Look at all those people dicking around over there.”

And I would smile.

Big.

(But my hair would be shampooed.)

I look forward to many more laughs and knowing more of you in 2012.

And if that’s considered a resolution…then so be it.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell January 1, 2012 at 2:34 pm

While I’m not sure that I’ve used that term about myself (but I’ve used it, yes indeed), I am positive that I’ve perfected the art regardless. I quite enjoy that particular non-activity! Looking forward to 2012 and all the shenans you’re bound to be a part of! Happy New Year, friend!
Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell recently posted..Why Didn’t I Use the Hotel Safe?My Profile

Carrie January 1, 2012 at 2:55 pm

It is a rather fun sport, ain’t it?

I could probably compete in the winter Olympics. Hell, maybe there’s enough of us to form a team?!?

kk January 3, 2012 at 8:37 am

I’m in.

Carrie January 3, 2012 at 9:16 am

Oh, now…don’t be getting me all excited! We could totally take the world.

Boy Mom January 1, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Hee. Hilarious. And the bedhead? I might say that I have come close to perfection while on vacay as well. But we can’t really share that can we???

Brilliant thoughts, as always.

Boy Mom recently posted..Potty Training: God’s Joke on MothersMy Profile

Carrie January 1, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I’m not good at much in life, but bedhead I have down to an art.

wendy January 1, 2012 at 2:53 pm

happy new year, ms. carrie — though you should know that i think it’s a lot harder to be called out on dicking around whilst wearing a tiara. it’s so clever of you — like you’re a dicking around super spy!
i’m so happy to be reading your stuff, fo’ reals.
wendy recently posted..Noise-y movie: The Adventures of TintinMy Profile

Carrie January 1, 2012 at 2:58 pm

OH. MY. GOD.

A dicking around super spy.

All these years I KNEW there had to be something out there for me. Something just for me.

And YOU, my friend…just discovered it! Friggin brilliant!!!

Lisa Guedry January 1, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I can’t wait to tell Lee that you helped me decide what my New Year’s Resolution is….MORE DICKING AROUND!!!!! LOL!

Carrie January 1, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Yep. The world needs more of it.

Wait. It needs more of it from those who don’t currently over-do it.

I’m pretty sure nobody would be asking me for more of it.

Maren January 1, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Looking forward to a 2012 with a Carrie in it :)
Maren recently posted..Ready to get going?My Profile

Carrie January 1, 2012 at 7:08 pm

You better watch out there…no telling what you might end up with! =)

Kim January 1, 2012 at 7:34 pm

If that was you sitting in that chair wearing high heals and lip gloss you would also be sporting a tiara (which is a great way to detract from the bed head…I’m just sayin.)

I can’t wait to read about all of your shenanigans in 2012!

Carrie January 1, 2012 at 7:37 pm

How could I forget the tiara? I am so lucky to have ya’ll to remind me who I am.

And well, that I have bedhead.

Still. =)

Karyn January 1, 2012 at 8:02 pm

That’s a resolution and a half! I look forward to much more dicking around with you too, it’s one of my favorite things to do. Unsurprisingly, I LOVE (LOVE.) every single one of those song you mentioned (though for the longest time I thought Elton was singing about Tony Danza, but that’s understandable and I don’t make myself feel bad about it, after all, he’s gay – Elton, not Tony – and I just thought it was a crush). Only I have never heard of the song “Shower the people you love with love” so I’m off to check it out now.

Wishing you all kinds of wonderful for 2012! xx
Karyn recently posted..Hello 2012, The Year Of Contentment.My Profile

Karyn January 1, 2012 at 8:05 pm

OMG its James Taylor! I totally know (and love) that song too! I’m such an idiot. JT is awesome. So there you are, we have exact same music taste too – what else can we be twins on? (what color is your underwear today, I bet we’re matching on that too!) BTW the cartoon was HILARIOUS.
Karyn recently posted..Hello 2012, The Year Of Contentment.My Profile

Carrie January 1, 2012 at 8:18 pm

TONY DANZA?!? I am screaming! Friggin hysterical!!

But now as I sing it in my head…I can see that.

Shower the People is by James Taylor. And I’m betting you HAVE heard it.

Total love for you…total.

Karyn January 1, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Well it makes sense you know,

“…hold me closer Tony Danza, count the headlights on the highway…lay me down in sheets of linen, you’ve had a busy day today…” (all that acting must have kept him busy, right?)

With him being gay, I just assumed that Tony was his type ya’ know? Of course once I found out, I died a million deaths at all those times at Elton concerts (and I’ve been to a few), I was singing the song out loud at the top of my lungs… I just assumed the crowd around me hated my voice. Little did I know the real reason for their disgust. Still, I was having fun and I’m sure Elton would see the humor in it all.
Karyn recently posted..Hello 2012, The Year Of Contentment.My Profile

Carrie January 1, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Why, oh WHY could I have not been in the row with you watching you sing that?!?

My life will forever be incomplete now. Nothing could possibly come close to seeing that.

Oh. My. God.

Jackie January 1, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Couldn’t think of a better person to dick around with than you and your blogger people! Fun bunch! Happy New Year and I can’t wait to read about your dicking stuff for 2012! AND thank you for ALL the laughs!

Carrie January 1, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I’m telling you…some of the best people I know are right here. I am one freaking lucky girl.

I must be living right.

Or faking it real good.

Maggie S. January 1, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Oh my gosh. I know. You said it like it is. I am looking up piano bars in the yellow pages right now.

Wear the yoga ,pants and so will I…
Maggie S. recently posted..Close the Books on Another YearMy Profile

Carrie January 1, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I’m on it. I say we do it.

And at the rate I’m going…these yoga pants is about all I’m gonna fit in. I am so friggin glad this big holiday crap comes once a year.

Bring your tiara, too.

Becca January 2, 2012 at 2:52 am

I use that term all the time! My mom finds it hilarious for a reason I am sure I will never understand. Good luck with your dicking around in 2012!
Becca recently posted..Fab Hot DogsMy Profile

Carrie January 2, 2012 at 8:56 am

HA!! I’m sure to do plenty of it in 2012!

Glad you’re here!

Fashionista Era January 2, 2012 at 9:28 am

You are soooooooooooooo funny!! Thanks for being one of the most loyal visitors to my blog! Your adorable!!

I crap up everytime i read your posts!! its soo cute :))

hugssss
hanz
Fashionista Era recently posted..Luxury Express : Maharaja @IndiaMy Profile

Fashionista Era January 2, 2012 at 9:28 am

P.S – > I crack up i meant heheh
Fashionista Era recently posted..Luxury Express : Maharaja @IndiaMy Profile

Carrie January 2, 2012 at 9:30 am

HAHA!! I totally knew what you meant!

But I must confess…that first comment was pretty darn good for this post!

Jennifer January 2, 2012 at 6:27 pm

A year where Carrie started blogging? Best year ever.
Jennifer recently posted..Lessons Learned While On BreakMy Profile

Carrie January 2, 2012 at 6:36 pm

And every ounce of thanks I have…is for you.

Jessica January 2, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I am so excited to dick around with you in 2012!! I love that you enjoy a friend of a friend on FB. I tend to ignore those, but maybe my resolution will be to try and be more accepting to requests?? Hmmm…..food for thought.
Jessica recently posted..Monday MumblesMy Profile

Carrie January 2, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Let me tell you…some of the funniest/wittiest/great people I’ve come across on FB are friends of friends.

My gay husband and I have 49 friends in common. I bet of those 49…25 are friends of HIS I’ve never met in real life. AND I LOVE THEM!

I suggest do it…people are good. Really, really good.

And I can’t wait to see that fab family of yours all the way through 2012!! I love’em!!

Elaine January 2, 2012 at 11:21 pm

So glad to have found you and your “dicking-around self” in 2011! Happy 2012, my friend!!!
Elaine recently posted..Last Night of the TreeMy Profile

Carrie January 3, 2012 at 9:14 am

Aww…sheer love, Elaine…sheer love!

Megan - Best of Fates January 3, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Now that’s a fabulous resolution. Me, I’m going the other way. In the coming year, I will throw a drink in someone’s face.

I resolute it.
Megan – Best of Fates recently posted..Bringing Photography’s Sexy BackMy Profile

Carrie January 3, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Oh…well now you’ve really got me thinking.

I think I like that. Totally do-able.

Megan - Best of Fates January 3, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I know, right?

Only now I’m worried I’m not actually going to get around to it and come next New Year’s Eve I’ll be forced to wander the streets, trying to find someone worthy of a good drink soaking.

Scarletterri January 4, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I don’t drink, wear high heels, or dig tiaras (tho’ in younger days I did all 3) but I secretly dick around any chance I get. Given I love those songs, I may come back and stay awhile. I wish I could remember how I got here…
Scarletterri recently posted..I’m Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!My Profile

Carrie January 4, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Ahhh…they’re the very things that keep me young!

Glad you stopped by!

mark January 6, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Cheers and here’s to lots more dicking around! 2012 is prime.
mark recently posted..RespiteMy Profile

Melssa Placzek January 9, 2012 at 11:49 pm

LOVE it! hee hee…oh, guess what? Just added your sexy blog to my blogroll 😉

xoxo,
Melissa
Melssa Placzek recently posted..wine tasting notes ~ ergo tempranillo rioja 2008My Profile

Carrie January 10, 2012 at 9:06 am

Aww…girl, that makes my day! How fab for me!!!

Thank you over and over again!

Felicia January 12, 2012 at 9:08 pm

I look forward to dicking around in wine bars with you this year! That’s one of MY resolutions.
Felicia recently posted..Dropping Some Drop-Waist KnowledgeMy Profile