Urban Dictionary, where have you been all my life?

March 22, 2012 in Crap I Was Considerate Enough to Not Bother You with Before Now.

I’m not sure just where I’ve been for the last who-knows-how-many years, but I apparently haven’t taken full advantage of the exciting possibilities Urban Dictionary allows me.

I fully intend to make up that valuable lost time.

I will be the first to admit:  I might have a somewhat strange use of words at times.

(Don’t judge.)

Therefore, I should probably make sure I am using a few of my favorite choice words correctly.

(And, really.  Who am I to care even if I’m not?)

(That’s what I thought.)

Here’s what Urban Dictionary says about a few of my favorites:

Asshat – A person, of either gender, whose behavior displays such ignorance/obnoxiousness that you would like to make them wear their own ass as a hat.

(Could be me.)

(Or that asshat who decided at 9:30 last Friday night it was time to do some grocery shopping because she saw a recipe for a roast on Pinterest and it apparently couldn’t wait until Saturday.)

Jerkweed – An extremely annoying person who can’t shut the fuck up.

(Again.  Could be me.)

(Or that jerkweed who went on and on and on the other day about how it really pisses her off that this really cute-ass skirt she has is getting snug but yet she somehow finds it easier and much less sweatier to bitch about the snugness of the skirt rather than get back to walking like she did so religiously for a year and a half.)

Jack Ass – Kanye West

(Uh, definitely not me.)

Apparently, I do know what I’m talking about at times.

(I apparently like that word:  Apparently.)

So, yes.

It appears Urban Dictionary knows what they’re talking about when it comes to wordage.

I appear to be able to link someone to those choice words I choose to use.

However, no one I know of comes to mind on this one.

{ 42 comments }

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 22, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I am well acquainted with urban dictionary b/c I have a 16 year old and I use it mostly as a translator so that we can have conversations. Mostly she speaks a second language and this is me trying to understand it. Although I did take special pleasure the other day in her telling me someone said something and SHE did not know what they meant. Then I proudly translated to her and then revealed I got it off urban dictionary. I also used to teach middle school. So same issue. I kept that website on my bookmarks!!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Video updatesMy Profile

Carrie March 22, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I had more fun strolling around on that site!! Talk about some strange stuff!

Well, apparently no stranger than me. =)

Kristy March 22, 2012 at 10:09 pm

hahahaha!!!! I LOVE your words!! Imma hafta use em muhself!! ;)
And girl… YOU ARE Sassy!! …. but in a good way ~xo
Kristy recently posted..Yoga mat, anyone?My Profile

Carrie March 22, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I was kinda scared to search for that word for fear of it saying:

Sassy – to be a giant jerkweed of an asshat. Also considered jack-assy.

Nathalie March 23, 2012 at 7:56 am

Ahh, Urban Dictionary, I love that thing. Even better, search your name. ;0)
Nathalie recently posted..Book Review: Suck Your Stomach In and Put Some Color On by Shellie Rushing TomlinsonMy Profile

Carrie March 23, 2012 at 8:02 am

Oh, my GOD! You, my friend, have just made my entire life with THAT suggestion!

I never thought to search my name and according to Urban Dictionary…I AM HOT!

And I’ll take that shit anyday!

Now when I’m all down in the dumps, I will just search my name. You’re brilliant!

Nathalie March 23, 2012 at 8:33 am

LOL! Well, now, some of them aren’t nice. But most of them are a fabulous ego boost when you need it!

Amanda March 24, 2012 at 2:43 pm

OMG! I just put my name in Urban Dictionary and it was a huge ego boost!!!

(And I’m really glad it was a nice definition!)
Amanda recently posted..Our Spring BreakMy Profile

Carrie March 24, 2012 at 3:13 pm

ISN’T THAT THE FRIGGIN BEST?!?

I will probably print mine out and stick in my cube for everyone to see.

I’m lame like that.

Jessica March 23, 2012 at 9:09 am

There is a local sports writer who regularly gets called an asshat because he might write non-favorable words about someone’s team. We also have an elitist dick in the area on sports radio, according to listeners. I can’t decide which I like better.
Jessica recently posted..Funny Faces FridayMy Profile

Carrie March 23, 2012 at 9:19 am

Well, if you need a good word for him, just hook up with Urban Dictionary.

Or give me time. I’m sure I can come up with a good one after my hours of strolling through that site!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell March 23, 2012 at 10:18 am

I actually love that site too! And the definition of jerkweed makes me think back to being in college classes where there is always that one person who constantly feels the need to say something about everything!
Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell recently posted..The Annual Easter Egg HuntMy Profile

Carrie March 23, 2012 at 10:53 am

Girl…I hear you. God knows there’s more than one jerkweed in my life. And most of the time, I’m the lead jerkweed.

Julie March 23, 2012 at 11:40 am

Oh dear lord…..never heard of that site now I’m going to spend time I don’t have browsing through it. Well…..I didn’t want to make the kids lunch anyway.

Thanks for sharing! You always give me a great laugh and today I needed it!

Carrie March 23, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I’m telling you, thanks to that site I have never sounded so hip in my life.

Screw the fact I don’t know what I’m saying…I just sound hip saying it.

Maggie S. March 23, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I’ve been right about asshat and could have been using it all this time. Must make up for lost time.

I think jerkweed all the time. U
Maggie S. recently posted..Bacon and God’s AbundanceMy Profile

Maggie S. March 23, 2012 at 2:15 pm

sually I just shorten it to, ‘weed’ when speaking.
Maggie S. recently posted..Bacon and God’s AbundanceMy Profile

Carrie March 23, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I’m telling you…I’ve already started making up for loss time today. As a matter of fact, some of my jackassiness has rubbed off on co-workers and they’re returning the favor back to me.

Jennifer March 23, 2012 at 3:29 pm

That pretty much defines you to a T.

Carrie March 23, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Goodness knows it could be worse.

And well, if I’m honest…it has been worse. =)

Maren March 23, 2012 at 3:41 pm

You might like to know that I was used as an example in a word there:

Caesara was my handle online back in 2004, and apparently I didn’t like it when my mates talked about my tits…. ;)
Maren recently posted..Bicycle bonanza pt.2!My Profile

Carrie March 23, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Prippen. Now that’s a new one.

And how dare your mates get you all prippen.

(Did I even use that right? I damn sure didn’t sound too hip, I know.)

Connie Weiss March 23, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I love Sassy!

Carrie March 23, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Yeah, that hit a tad to close to home.

Karine March 23, 2012 at 6:46 pm

You’re hilarious!!! I love that site too but mostly to get the 411 on the Twitter, texting and kid’s lingo… I’m 28 y/o but my Grandma is more up to date with that stuff! Ok, not really but you get the point… And completely agree, you are the epitomy of sassy (in a very fabulous sorta way).
Karine recently posted..Too Many ChangesMy Profile

Carrie March 23, 2012 at 7:17 pm

‘Fabulous’ is probably one of my most favorite words.

I’ll take it. =)

Kim Pugliano @The G is Silent March 23, 2012 at 6:48 pm

HOLY HECK I LOOKED UP JACK ASS AND HE’S THERE! HE’S NUMBER 3! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Best laugh I’ve had all day.
Kim Pugliano @The G is Silent recently posted..Comment on Friday Streak and Update – Week 12 by LenoreMy Profile

Carrie March 23, 2012 at 7:18 pm

There’s several others I could put in that line-up with Kanye. He ain’t the only jackass out there, fo sho.

Karine March 23, 2012 at 6:52 pm

*epitome – I swear, I’m not a total space cadet, I know how to spell… kinda. :)
Karine recently posted..Too Many ChangesMy Profile

Carrie March 23, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Fear not. I totally got that.

Normally, the less coherent you are, the better I understand.

Robbie March 23, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I heart Urban Dictionary! Asshat is also one of my favorite words! Sassy should have a picture of you next to it!
Robbie recently posted..DefeatedMy Profile

Carrie March 24, 2012 at 11:07 am

HAHA!! Girl, I would have died if my face was there!

Died with laughter, that is!

Jamie March 23, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Yes, you are most definitely “sassy” and I stinkin’ love it. Like LOVE!!
Jamie recently posted..GrandparentsMy Profile

Carrie March 24, 2012 at 11:08 am

I honestly didn’t realize it was so ‘me’ until I read it.

I should be ashamed…but well…

Carrie recently posted..Urban Dictionary, where have you been all my life?My Profile

Barbara March 24, 2012 at 4:42 am

Asshat is a good word! Saying it just makes me laugh. :)
Barbara recently posted..We’re Here!My Profile

Carrie March 24, 2012 at 11:09 am

It’s better than blood pressure meds for me.

Something about the way it just rolls out. It’s calming!

Amanda March 24, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Sassy definitely fits you to a T!! I love urban dictionary. I get a lot of bad words there! =)
Amanda recently posted..Our Spring BreakMy Profile

Carrie March 24, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I sure do, now! Some I didn’t even know existed…but hey, gotta learn’em sometimes!

Elaine March 25, 2012 at 9:12 pm

I mean, how FUN would it be to have the job of working at urbandictionary.com?!?!?! Awesomesauce. (that means really awesome, btw….) ;-P
Elaine recently posted..Running A Muck!My Profile

Fashionista Era April 3, 2012 at 5:37 am

OH mannnnnnnnnnnn!!!! I totally love ONLY these words from the dictionary :p I just laughed my arse off :p (yes Arse is my word… :p you know it means for something else… ;) oh i think we are all accused of being this way sometimes hun so i guess you shdnt feel alone haha…i talk too much at times for a fact im sure of it. btw, yours is probably one of the very few blogs i actually take so much time to share what i feel…i guess that is the reason your blog is so very relatible! everyone can participate in your blog so keep up the fab job ;)
Fashionista Era recently posted..Fashion Mantra: My little Fashion DiaryMy Profile

Carrie April 3, 2012 at 6:13 am

That means tons to me! I love getting your comments…you are such a breath of fresh air!

Felicia April 9, 2012 at 8:45 pm

“Sassy” fits you to a T – I knew that within .002 seconds of meeting you.
Felicia recently posted..Signature or Rut?My Profile