March 9, 2012 in Crap I Was Considerate Enough to Not Bother You with Before Now.,Hit or Miss...kinda like my dating life.,Stuff I Should Think About Regretting Later

“Daaaamn.  8:38 am.  Oh, yeah.”

A cup of coffee.  With the gayest creamer I could find at the store the other day.  And sugar.

Sit and watch it rain.  A lot.

Email.

Facebook.

Another cup of coffee.

Google Reader.

Reading/commenting on loads of blogs because I’ve been a friggin slacker all week.

Watch more rain.

Flip on the fireplace.  Yes, flip.

Another cup of coffee.

An episode of Judge Judy from the DVR.

Email again.

Facebook again.  For over an hour.

Brush teeth.

Stick a bobby-pin in my bangs because apparently, they’re bothering me.

Get back in bed and flip the remote.

Wake up an hour and a half later.

Reply to text from gay man I would marry if he wasn’t so gay.

Pull out the crockpot to make red beans and rice.

Reply to his text again.  He’s a yacker.  Which is one reason I love him.

Put the crockpot back in cabinet because that’s too much work for today.

Eat a Lean Cuisine.

Reply to text from friend who had appendix out this week.  She’s home now.

Thank God I’m not so big a loser that I could qualify for a spot on Maury.

Google Jeremy Kyle because he appears to be a Maury-wanna-be I’ve never heard of on another station.

Get this text from a co-worker I think is a doll:

I do believe this was to let me know how serene the office is when I'm out.

Eat a Jamba Juice Coconut Pineapple Passion Smashin’ yogurt thing on a stick.

Consider doing a movie.

Doze off in recliner for I don’t know how long.

Annnnnd….here I am.

Still in last nights pj’s.

Still with a glorious mashed-up head of bedhead.

Still with a little smudgey mascara under my left eye.

Still so glad I took a vacation day.

‘Cause it’s days like this I’m really glad to be where I am in life.

wendy March 9, 2012 at 6:01 pm

carrie, dear, set aside a bowl of those red beans and rice. i’m coming over for dinner : )

happy vacation day, girlie! it sounds like it was perfection — not a single cloud in your coffee. you know you earned it.
wendy recently posted..Comment on The tao of conferencing by wendyMy Profile

Carrie March 9, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Absolutely worthless and lazy all day.

And I’m totally ok with that.

Amanda March 9, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing day!

I’m an ICU nurse and I work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week which means I get at least one of those days every week!
Amanda recently posted..Sweet TripperMy Profile

Carrie March 9, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I am not too proud of a woman to admit envy.

And yes. I now envy you. =)

Barbara March 10, 2012 at 5:39 am

Oh, that day sounds blissful!
Even though I was sick, two days in bed last month watching Seasons 1 & 2 of Downton Abbey was like a little mini vacation!
Barbara recently posted..Time To Get Moving!My Profile

Carrie March 10, 2012 at 8:44 am

God love it…I know you’ve been struggling lately. Sure hope you’re feeling up to par again soon.

I have GOT to get into Downton Abbey. I watched one episode and it was good…but I was lost. One of my best girlfriends told me I need to get the first season, pile up on the sofa and just watch it all. She said it’s terribly addicting.

It is definitely on my list though.

Barbara March 10, 2012 at 8:47 am

Thank you so much. Yes! Start with Season 1 for sure. We have a whole year before Season 3 will be available in the U.S. so you have time. ;)

Feeling much better off those antibiotics. Now to focus on packing up the house! Lord have mercy….gonna be a busy month. ;)
Barbara recently posted..Time To Get Moving!My Profile

Connie Weiss March 10, 2012 at 11:17 am

I need a vacation day!!

Carrie March 10, 2012 at 11:32 am

Do it, girl. Just take it.

If I don’t…I’ll look up and wonder why I’m chewing everyone’s ass off and popping a pill to keep from tossing and turning all night.

Though, I’ll admit. Sometimes that crap is fun, too.

Connie Weiss March 10, 2012 at 11:34 am

Stay at Home Mom’s don’t get vacation days…..

BUT.

I am going to California in May with 6 awesome blogger friends! WOOT!
Connie Weiss recently posted..Let’s Go To The Boat ShowMy Profile

Carrie March 10, 2012 at 11:53 am

I believe that. I’ve said it tons of times…I sure respect SAHM’s. My job has a quittin’ time. Yours doesn’t.

And there’s no doubt you get much more joy out of your job than I do. Fo sho.

You are going to have SUCH a ball in May! And I can’t wait to see pics!!

Maren March 10, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Those days are seriously precious.
Maren recently posted..Stepping up my game!My Profile

Carrie March 10, 2012 at 6:11 pm

And something about it being on a weekday makes it even better for me.

Fashionista Era March 11, 2012 at 6:35 am

You know hun it soounds so like me in so many ways ahhaha!! i was reading and thinking gosh i so do this all!! once i took a break from working which felt like forever…i pretty much did all these things :p until i get back into the routine of things ahahah!! but you know, you shd let go sometimes, just relax and do what you feel like.

I have this habit when im working and its always crazy i have a rule. I take a holiday every 3 months..my friends always were shocked how i managed that. but i always believe the body cant go on working like a machine, taking things easy and slowing down once in a while is always very important for me. It actually helped me get my energy back and perform better when i did get back :)

When i read your posts, it inspires me to just start my F.E Diaries section. which is sharing my latest likes and experiences. so thanks for that inspiration sweetheart!!
Fashionista Era recently posted..Oscars ’12 :What a night!My Profile

Carrie March 11, 2012 at 8:40 am

Yes! I say DO the F.E Diaries section. I think it’ll be a great addition to what you’re already doing!

Sometimes those days of just doing a bunch of nothing gets me through to the next bunch of days of doing too much. I love when I can pile up in my own little corner of the world and hide.

Maggie S. March 11, 2012 at 6:48 am

Sounds like you know how to properly use a vacation day!!! So many people take a vacation day to get work done.
Maggie S. recently posted..Blissdom Blow UpMy Profile

Carrie March 11, 2012 at 8:42 am

Well, there are times I’ll take a day off and work harder than if I went to the office. But I try not to do that too much. The older I get, the more I’m finding everything will get taken care of.

Except me, if I don’t do it.

Those mental health days are the best.

LeAnne March 11, 2012 at 11:15 am

I’m incredibly jealous right now!!! Sounds like a PERFECT day :) I’m glad you did that for yourself, you deserve it!
LeAnne recently posted..Conversations of a Boy’s MomMy Profile

Carrie March 11, 2012 at 12:01 pm

It was pretty nice to just do a bunch of nothing.

Bonnie March 11, 2012 at 11:50 am

I love waking up and immediately swearing at the time. You just know it will be a killer day … “Shiiiiiitttttt.”

Twitter: @GlamKitten88
Bonnie recently posted..Animal prints are so hot right now.My Profile

Carrie March 11, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Same thing here!

Especially when I don’t have to really get dressed or be anywhere.

Jessica March 11, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Wow, I just got really envious of your day. I can’t even count on nap time being great anymore, since 3 of the 4 don’t nap. But to keep pace, this Sunday I have yet to put on a bra, comb my head, or get out of my PJs. And…? I’ve left the house looking like this.
Jessica recently posted..Wisdom By OwenMy Profile

Carrie March 11, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Hellz yeah! THAT’S the best kind of day to have! No bra? Still in PJs? Sheer heaven.

Blog Wobble March 11, 2012 at 7:41 pm

What I would give to have a child free lazy day like that LOL
Ahh the joys of being a parent….
Blog Wobble recently posted..SCC – End of Week 10 ReviewMy Profile

Carrie March 12, 2012 at 9:16 am

My life is actually a little TOO lazy sometimes.

Let’s just keep that between us though. =)
Carrie recently posted..When the first word of the day is a curse word, I know it’s gonna be a good day.My Profile

Jennifer March 11, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Sounds like heaven!! And is it just me, or does it seem like Lean Cuisines have gotten a lot better lately? Maybe my taste buds are just fading with old age. And I LOVE the new Top Chef Healthy Choice meals. I really need to get out more. if this is what excites me.

Carrie March 12, 2012 at 9:18 am

Girrrrl, yes they have! I love those new panini things and the pizzas!

Don’t worry. I will always have you covered in the needing-to-get-out-more area. I just told my mom yesterday, “Unless my Prince Charming knocks on my door, odds are I ain’t gonna run into him. Unless he’s putting gas in his car every waking moment of my life.”

Yeah. I thrive on sarcasm.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell March 12, 2012 at 9:10 am

Those days keep you revitalized to handle the days that aren’t like that. I live in pajamas all day long in the colder months. In the warm days, I might get dressed a bit more. But either way, I look tousled all the time and you know I love me some Lean Cuisine!
Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell recently posted..I’m Going On a Disneynature Chimpanzee Spring Break Adventure!My Profile

Carrie March 12, 2012 at 9:19 am

I could do that.

Hell. I do DO that on weekends. Hot or cold weather.

I need a life. Kinda bad.

Bella March 12, 2012 at 10:53 am

Isn’t vacation amazing? I don’t really like the lean cuisine meals. Not one for microwaved food. But I can eat me some Velveeta LOL.
Bella recently posted..Teacher behavior: UNPROFESSIONAL.My Profile

Carrie March 12, 2012 at 11:54 am

Amazing? Yes.

Eating my ass off? No.

I gotta figure out what this will-power stuff is people keep talking about!

Rach (DonutsMama) March 12, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Your day sounds perfect. It’s too bad my 14mo boss never lets me take a vacation day. ;)
Rach (DonutsMama) recently posted..Life’s Lessons: Where I Regress Into A TeenMy Profile

Carrie March 12, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Yeah, but these days are few and far between if I don’t watch it.

jennie March 12, 2012 at 9:39 pm

It’s important to have days like that–not that i ever get the chance…. Love how you took us through your day!
jennie recently posted..Not If, WhenMy Profile

Carrie March 12, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I take it when I can. 99% of the time, a day off consists of some kind of errand I’ve been putting off for decades.

So, it was so nice to actually do nothing.

Bobbi March 13, 2012 at 12:45 am

Sounds fantastic, I would love love love one of these. See but convincing the husband to take him and the kids to his Dad with out me never seems to happen. Even though he gets days with out us. Men!!!
Bobbi recently posted..Going to the Dark SideMy Profile

Bobbi March 13, 2012 at 12:46 am

I forgot to ask what flavor is your creamer? I am loving the international delights york peppermint patty stuff.
Bobbi recently posted..Going to the Dark SideMy Profile

Felicia March 14, 2012 at 9:07 pm

That sounds like the PERFECT day off. Good for you!
Felicia recently posted..You Pick the Dress!My Profile

Karyn March 15, 2012 at 7:47 pm

So envious! I haven’t had a day like that in months! Seems like I run from one thing to another never really catching up with anything! So I’ll live vicariously through you instead I guess! ;)
Karyn recently posted..Halfway DeadMy Profile

Elaine March 15, 2012 at 11:09 pm

You DVR Judge Judy?

Awesome.

;)
Elaine recently posted..My friend called the other day…My Profile

Carrie March 16, 2012 at 8:04 am

Hellz yeah!

My favorite Judge Judyism is when she says, “Ummm isn’t an answer!”

Sushi Vegas March 18, 2012 at 9:56 am

I love those lazy days – especially after a very stressful week :)

Carrie March 18, 2012 at 10:06 am

Oh, I hear you. Sometimes knowing I have that kind of day waiting on me makes the whole week worth it!