Boobs and hair ain’t the only things big in Texas.

April 1, 2012 in Me and My Public Self

…and by boobs, I ain’t just talking Governor Goodhair.

If you pay attention, right there at the end when that beast is eye-ballin’ me, you can kinda hear my heart stop.

And by ‘kinda hear my heart stop’, I mean ‘kinda hear me crap.’

Bluebonnets and Longhorns.

Ain’t no place like Texas.

It’s not just my home…it’s my heart.

Amen and pass the whiskey.

{ 29 comments }

Mandy April 1, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Gurl, he just noticed you were a redhead is all- kindred spirits since he’s a redhead too…

Carrie April 1, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Possibly.

Though I do believe I snorted a little louder when he looked at me than he did when I looked at him.

Amanda April 1, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Those bluebonnets are gorgeous!! They’re gorgeous up here too.

What were you doing out with a bunch of longhorns though?
Amanda recently posted..A Look At The Thoughts Running Through A Boy’s Head While Playing SportsMy Profile

Carrie April 1, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Went to Mom & Dad’s for lunch and passed a huge field full of bluebonnets.

And there were those bad boys right up at the fence line.

So, I stopped.

And kinda got scared the closer they got. Dudes are huge.

Anne April 1, 2012 at 6:37 pm

I love Longhorns. :) My cousins in Texas used to have some and I always loved hanging out with them.
Anne recently posted..Birds on a WireMy Profile

Carrie April 2, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I’m going to trust you mean the cousins.

The ‘horns aren’t always so friendly.

Anne April 2, 2012 at 7:49 pm

The lady longhorns are great! But they do look at you funny when you grab them by the horns and shake their heads. The boy longhorns are trouble – I wouldn’t shake them. ;)
Anne recently posted..Easter Ombre Specimen ArtMy Profile

Blog Wobble April 1, 2012 at 6:46 pm

All I can do is LOL!
Blog Wobble recently posted..RFSC – End of Week 1My Profile

Barbara April 1, 2012 at 7:10 pm

EVERYTHING is bigger and better in Texas. Amen.
Barbara recently posted..My New BoyfriendMy Profile

Carrie April 2, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Yep.

And I’d like to think in good ways. Though probably not always.

Like my electricity bill June thru August.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell April 1, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Good thing you stopped filming and made your escape! Intimidating!
Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell recently posted..April Fool’s Day Joke?My Profile

Carrie April 2, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Oh, I scrambled a bit. It just kept staring and in my mind I was screaming, “IT’S JUST CHICKEN WIRE YOU JACKASS!”

Up close…way intimidating.

Him. Not me.

Maggie S. April 1, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I could tell ‘bovine tales’ all night long. Put it on the list of things to do when we get together.
Maggie S. recently posted..New Season of Life; Handling BlessingMy Profile

Carrie April 2, 2012 at 11:17 am

Bovine.

Now there’s a word I haven’t heard since school. I’m sure I can incorporate that into conversations today.

Holly from 300 Pounds April 1, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I hear you on this! They are beautiful. Enjoying my part of Texas too!!
Holly from 300 Pounds recently posted..Monday Madness: Carding kids for soda just like it was alcohol??My Profile

Carrie April 2, 2012 at 11:16 am

I just love it at this time!

Michelle from The Sapphire Ridge Chronicles April 2, 2012 at 11:11 am

I hope to see those Bluebonnets when I visit Texas in May…the Longhorns, from a distance.
Michelle from The Sapphire Ridge Chronicles recently posted..The Rules of LaundryMy Profile

Carrie April 2, 2012 at 11:18 am

You HAVE to. They are just so much better in real life than any photos you see. The smell is fabulous and they are just perfect.

I hearn you on the ‘horns. A couple of them got a little rambunctious on the other side of that very thin and weak chicken wire.

That’s when I got reeeeally nervous and crapped a little. Then ran like a 3rd grader to the car.

Connie Weiss April 2, 2012 at 12:50 pm

That is all sooooo TEXAS!
Connie Weiss recently posted..FirstsMy Profile

Jennifer April 2, 2012 at 2:26 pm

God Bless Texas!!
Jennifer recently posted..Letter to a Younger MeMy Profile

By Word of Mouth Musings April 2, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Yup, Texas – Gods country ;)
and also where my youngest was born!
By Word of Mouth Musings recently posted..Green Eggs and Ham, no, its Clomid and SpamMy Profile

Carrie April 3, 2012 at 6:14 am

Niiiice…so you have a genuine Texan in the family.

That’s your pass to come down here back anytime!! =)

Maren April 3, 2012 at 11:15 am

Heeey, I’ve never seen those! Our cows don’t have horns.
Also, if this video was mine you’d hear someone speaking to the cows in Norwegian, saying stuff like “oh yeah you looove this grass don’t you? I know you do, I can tell, oh yes you doooo!” only it wouldn’t make sense and probably sound like Russian or something to you. :)
Maren recently posted..What are you waiting for?My Profile

wendy April 3, 2012 at 1:04 pm

i should know who governor goodhair is, shouldn’t i? damn it. i’m going to have to google her.
(was just thinking, too, about your twinkie video blog and how much i’d enjoyed it. even without narration, i found your brief, bucolic view of texas spring a little bit of the world through sassy carrie’s eyes. more video! : )
super cute new picture of you on the right, too. well, played, my red-headed friend.
wendy recently posted..Comment on Noise-y Audiobook(s): A Series of Unfortunate Events by Two Days of Hugo: Day the First – The Book » Bella NoiseMy Profile

Carrie April 3, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Well, you won’t find a “her” if you do the Google.

Rick Perry.

Dude has some damn good locks. His hair is really too good to be a man’s, but whatever.

You’re too sweet…I did a couple of different videos of the ‘horns. In one, a couple of them got in a scuffle at the fence line and one lost his balance and fell back on his hind quarters.

Lots of snorting and pushing and growling.

I screamed. Yes, I did. Like a damn 3rd grade girl. Then kinda tripped up in the grassy, rocky, hard dirt area I was standing in.

Oh, and I screamed some vulgarities. Nothing like a 3rd grade girl though.

Jennifer April 3, 2012 at 8:08 pm

That fence didn’t look real sturdy.
Jennifer recently posted..Country RoadsMy Profile

jennie April 4, 2012 at 11:35 pm

OMG you make me miss TX so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jennie recently posted..Winter Always Turns to SpringMy Profile

Jessica April 13, 2012 at 8:17 pm

My girlfriend had longhorn growing up in Kansas. Some of those were scary big. :) I have a healthy respect and fear of such animals. Thanks for the reminder.

Nathalie April 17, 2012 at 9:02 am

Gorgeous area! We’ve been to Houston which I didn’t enjoy too much, but then I’m not really a city kinda gal. . . I love the country, and small country towns. . .
Nathalie recently posted..Wednesday Pinterest Roundup: Funnies. . .My Profile