April 21, 2012 in Vlog. Or really just the real me.

Yeah.  I’m a slacker.

Sometimes I hate typing more than I hate seeing my mugshot on film.

So, there.  You’re stuck with it.

Here’s Kristy:

Living Life (Un)Simply

And here’s Katie:

Katherine The Great

And I’m a total douche because I said her blog address wrong on the vlog.

Complete and total douche.

That’s me.

Like you didn’t already know, though.

Karine April 21, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Awesome! Glad to know you haven’t been kidnapped by Aliens or something. Hope next week is a little quieter for you (must be EXHAUSTING to be so darn popular!).

p.s: did you manage to still your sister’s iPad (not get high, like Siri so kindly suggested… although maybe you managed to do both..???)
Karine recently posted..The ToothMy Profile

Karine April 21, 2012 at 8:13 pm

*steal not still… I’m the douche bag!
Karine recently posted..The ToothMy Profile

Carrie April 21, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Oh, don’t worry about that over here. I jack that kind of stuff up all the time.

(And would you believe my job is in communications? Yes. I get paid to catch that stuff M-F from 7:30-4:30. But not here. No how, no way.)

And hell-to-the-no on the iPad. She had that thing buried deep in her luggage. Probably the first thing she packed.

She’s no fool. =)

Melissa April 21, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Hee hee 🙂 love it.
Melissa recently posted..six senses saturdayMy Profile

Carrie April 21, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I am HUGELY behind on reading my blogs! You’ve got some good stuff going on over at yours, too!

Kristy April 21, 2012 at 10:58 pm

I loved our dinner date too… my new hundred yr old friend 😉 xo
Kristy recently posted..A German award awarded!My Profile

Carrie April 22, 2012 at 7:35 am

Laughter is good. You are laughter. You are good.

We’re doing it again, too.

Jamie April 21, 2012 at 11:19 pm

I’ve missed you. Seriously. I kept thinking I missed a post somewhere this week.

And, I really want to be brave enough to vlog. Love yours. 🙂
Jamie recently posted..Life, LatelyMy Profile

Carrie April 22, 2012 at 7:36 am

Aww…thank you. I’ve got so many blogs to catch up on and it’s strange, because I really, really miss knowing what everyone has going on.

I love how my fellow bloggers have become part of my life. =)

Amanda April 21, 2012 at 11:32 pm

I love how you being a slacker means you’ve got your make-up on, your hair fixed, and you’ve got the time to do a video! Haha! I’d be stuttering and end up doing a million and three takes just to get the video and in the end, it would have been quicker just to write everything down. You, on the other hand, just sound like an awesome Texan!
Amanda recently posted..My Partially Written Nursing AutobiographyMy Profile

Carrie April 22, 2012 at 7:38 am

HAHA! Oh, believe me…the makeup and hair wasn’t for the vlog. I normally do little more than brush my teeth on the weekends, but I had some running around to do in public and actually getting dressed is my service for the public when they gotta look at me.

Ya’ll see me and hear me at my real me. =)

LeAnne April 22, 2012 at 6:57 am

I’ve been in an abyss too! It was a CRAZY week around here and I’d sit down to right and then… zzzzzzz.

Totally ok 😉

I know you’re not lacking for anything to say!
LeAnne recently posted..The Silence is deafening… and fattening.My Profile

Carrie April 22, 2012 at 7:40 am

Thought about you this week, too. Was walking around the capitol and there were TONS of kids having some kind of field day on the grounds.

I remembered you saying you were going to be around the Austin area…I looked, but with all those kids around I couldn’t see anything but the exit to the street.

And I ran for it.

Jessica April 22, 2012 at 8:50 am

Yea for another vlog! Thank you for not sharing any details about 50 shades. It’s on to buy list for the week. Women are RAVING. I wish I would have bought it months ago when I spied it in the store, and then I’d be the trend setter. Ah well. 🙂

Carrie April 22, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I promise…you won’t be disappointed.

Right now, I am miserably in love with a man that exists only between my ears. It’s been ages that I literally could not stop reading.

And now that I’ve read all 3 books…I’m kinda homesick for him.

It’s stupid. I know.

Maggie S. April 22, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Sounds like you are having a great time. Life will hand you the blog material while you are out there living it.

I love when you vlog. Seriously. You should have a regular feature.
Maggie S. recently posted..Tribing UpMy Profile

Carrie April 22, 2012 at 4:10 pm

You’re so friggin awesome to me. I honestly only blog about crap that either I do, or it happens to me. I don’t know enough about anything else to write about it.

The vlog is good for when I’m in a rush…but the more I do it, the more I like doing it. Plus, I LOVE when others I read do it so I hope those who read me like it, too.

Fashionista Era (@Fashionistaera) April 22, 2012 at 4:09 pm

AWWWW! Such a cute video! Looks like you had a very eventful day! You know, your kinda getting me excited about sharing some vlogs about my travels too hehe..I might just do that 😀 would love it too!!

As always, your blog is a great way tor relax and catch up on life 😀 your doing just fine 😀 Oh i had done that reading all night thing once – and literally fell off sleeping in college the next day ahha…It was Ken Follett book – The Third twin – It was sooooooo gripping and I totally loved it! So i can imagine the feeling 😀 Offlate IM addicted to VAMPIRE books haha..Vampire diaries/Twilight – So excuse ‘bloody’ me …OOPS tried to be funny. FAILEd. LOL. Hugs carrie! have a great week suga!!
Fashionista Era (@Fashionistaera) recently posted..Travel: Greece..Beautiful Islands!My Profile

Carrie April 22, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Haha!!! I’m STILL catching up on my list sleep! I’m too old for this.

You should TOTALLY vlog on your site…you absolutely have my vote on that!! Would love to see and hear you’

I’m excited!!

jennie April 22, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Cool VLOG! The Bloggess rocks!!!!!!!!!!
jennie recently posted..Win a signed copy of Jenny Lawson’s Let’s Pretend This Never HappenedMy Profile

Carrie April 22, 2012 at 8:33 pm

I’m so looking forward to Wednesday! Just wish I had a red dress.

(Like there won’t be tons of those already in line!)

Kat1e April 22, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I loves it when you pimp me out! soooo lookin’ fwd to Wed!! 🙂

Carrie April 23, 2012 at 8:30 am

Yeah. Even though I completely jacked up your blog address.

I’m a supreme pimper…I know.
Carrie recently posted..You’d think I had solved a world issue or two by the way I talk about being so busy.My Profile

Karyn April 22, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I’m offended to the thousanth degree. How come you haven’t offered to catch up to dinner with me halfway between where we both live? So sad. Still, its good to know other women bloggers are getting the benefit of your charming personality – AND a man! ( I whooped when I said that). The real question is, will there be a second date? Sounds like if the first is anything to go by, then yes! (whoop again.) I have to get back to my article on organic chicken farming. Yes really, that’s what I’m doing right now, and given I have never farmed a chicken (organic or not) its about as riveting as you imagine it would be – hence my choosing to ‘come over to your place’ and stay for a while…
Karyn recently posted..Beauty or Brains?My Profile

Carrie April 23, 2012 at 8:33 am

Well, I sat and waited in that little cafe in China (or whatever the half way point would be between Texas and Australia) and you just never showed.

If I was married to a rich man with a bad heart…I’d totally be meeting you for drinks ANYWHERE!

And really? Organic chicken farming? Is there such a thing? You are just a wealth of good knowledge…and me? Just a bunch of crap.

Rob R April 23, 2012 at 8:27 am

And here I thought I scared you away or something. (Disclaimer: I cannot view the video on my iPhone so I making this generalized comment based on what I think this post is about. Yes, I’m ashamed of myself.)
Rob R recently posted..Getting Out of Our Comfort ZoneMy Profile

Carrie April 23, 2012 at 8:36 am

No offense, Rob…but bigger men than you have tried to scare me away and well…I’m still standing.

And I’m not talking about just here at my blog.

Oh, and that “shame” stuff you talk about? There’s none of it over here. Never feel any shame here. I do…but you can’t.

Always remember, no matter how jacked up you do something, I can promise you I’ve done something much worse, stupider and more jackassy.

Promise!

Connie Weiss April 23, 2012 at 9:55 am

I love when you meet a blogger that becomes a friend.
Connie Weiss recently posted..How To Win The Science FairMy Profile

Carrie April 23, 2012 at 11:40 am

That’s some good stuff. Kinda feels like you know somebody but you really don’t.

But yet, you do. And I know you get that. =)

wendy @ bellanoise.com April 23, 2012 at 11:28 am

yaaaay! another vlog where i get to listen to you talk, ms. carrie — i love these.

now what i want to know is if you managed to score your sister’s ipad before she blew town. did it happen? are you reading things on the InterWeb as i type on her ipad? lordy, i hope so.

and cheers to your perfectly lovely first date. i’m off now to try and track me down some 50 shades of gray. between you and my perennial gossip guy ted casablanca (another texan, come to think of it) loving those books, how can i go wrong?

Carrie April 23, 2012 at 11:41 am

Nope. She packed that puppy up. It’s in Rome somewhere right now. It’s been places I haven’t now.

You’ve GOT to read the books. I read all 3 in less than a week.

Oh, my God. I’m totally in love. Between my ears.

He’s supremely hot.

Anne April 23, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I love the vlog, because I’m a little obsessed with your accent. 🙂
Anne recently posted..Giveaway: That Works For Me!My Profile

Maren April 23, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I agree with Anne! I just love it to bits!
Maren recently posted..Week #29 Weigh-in + Ready for summer challengeMy Profile

Carrie April 23, 2012 at 7:14 pm

You girls are too much…=)

Myrtle April 23, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Awesome blog. Thanks for sharing these with us. Please keep it up.
Myrtle recently posted..Why Cant I ConceiveMy Profile

Carrie April 23, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Thank you! So glad you are here! =)

Liz April 24, 2012 at 1:10 am

Thanks for letting me stop by here. Looking forward for more great thoughts.
Liz recently posted..Hcg diet reviewsMy Profile

Carrie April 24, 2012 at 8:14 am

Well, I’m tickled you stopped by.

However, don’t be holding your breath for any “great” thoughts. If I ever have a thought that is considered “great” it is merely by accident.

And I don’t even realize it.

lariane April 24, 2012 at 3:24 am

Looking forward for more great blog from your blog. Thanks for sharing these with us.
lariane recently posted..How to Make a Solar PanelMy Profile

Carrie April 24, 2012 at 8:15 am

Aww…thanks! Thrilled you stop by!

mark April 24, 2012 at 5:36 pm

You’re no slacker – you’re just too busy with real life to blog. Happens to me all the time and there’s no motivaiton left to put together the brilliant blog posts that rattle around upstairs. Say hi to the Bloggess for me! (Really – we go way back)
mark recently posted..Dogs Eat the Darndest Things [updated x2]My Profile

Carrie April 24, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Now, Mark…I like your way of thinking.

Putting it that way, I sound way less slacker-ish.

I’ll tell her you said ‘hi’…unless I freeze up and forget how to speak or something.

Which odds are, ain’t gonna happen with me. =)

Barbara April 25, 2012 at 12:29 pm

You go girl! You really make me miss my pixie haircut!
Barbara recently posted..You’ve Got Questions? I’ve Got AnswersMy Profile

Carrie April 25, 2012 at 11:27 pm

You letting it grow out?!? I LOVE yours!!