I apparently now like the word ‘bountiful’ and well…I’ve always liked moonpies.

May 3, 2012 in Me and My Public Self

I’m at the office and the phone rings and I’m told I have once again, jacked something up.

Surprise.

ME:    (In a very southern, peppy drawl)

“I just can’t imagine how I screwed that up.  I must’ve been focusing on my bountiful bustline I now have thanks to my new pretty bra I bought last night that I’m now wearing.  And how no one can see it which is a total shame because when something this pretty costs this much I should be able to show it off.  Like I should be able to sit here with my top off so others can see it.  Because let’s face it:  right now in my life nobody but me is seeing my pretty bras.  And that, my friend, is a crying shame.”

DIANE:    (In a very monotone, not surprised tone)

“Uh, I simply asked how you could screw this up.  Nevermind.  I’ll fix it for you.  Good-bye.”

Then she hung up.

Just another day at the office.

And I had to tell someone.

And Diane is a friend who ‘gets’ me.  She is pure love.

(I should probably throw in ‘tolerates’ and ‘shakes her head’ and ‘throws her hands up and screams “I give up!” at me…but that’s all kinda long stuff to put in there.)

(And thank you, Jesus, for all these people who ‘get’ me.)

And no.

I’m not putting up a picture of my pretty bra.  Put that out of your mind.

But I will post this lovely picture of MOONPIES.

Yes.  Twice now at the office, I have been surprised with a delivery of mini moonpies.

Chocolate the first time.  Banana this time.

From JoAnn.

Who is simply precious.

(And not because of her moonpie deliveries.)

Who somehow remembers when I mentioned moonpies in a post back in 1972 I did.

(Not really that far back, but it kinda seems like it.)

(And thank goodness they’re MINI moonpies because this new bountiful bustline needs no help because of my new pretty bra.)

(Just had to toss that back in there.)

Of course, the boys I work with now love JoAnn.

They keep telling me to tell her I like chicken fried steak with gravy and biscuits and cupcakes and ribs.

And beer.

And I politely tell them to get their own friends and to quit trying to mooch mine.

(Asshats.)

(Asshats who I love dearly, mind you.)

(And don’t think they don’t have choice names for me.)

(I make sure they have a constant supply of ammunition to properly title me.)

Do you see that?  ONLY 110 CALORIES.

I know.

You are so totally welcome.

And here’s a bit of useless trivia on me:  I’ve never had an RC Cola.

An RC Cola and a Moonpie.

Nope.  Never.

And wasn’t there a song about an RC Cola and a Moonpie?

And I’ve never had one.

I know.

But would you just look at this pretty bra??

Elaine A. May 3, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I wanna see the damn bra already!!!

And banana moon pies? Man, I bet THOSE are good!!!

Carrie May 3, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Girl…it is gooooood.

And so is the banana moonpie.

mark May 3, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever had a moonpie or an RC Cola either. Those moonpies look delicious. I need a snack.
mark recently posted..a message from the dogMy Profile

Carrie May 3, 2012 at 2:01 pm

They are good…and I only allow myself one a day.

Of course, the boys here don’t go by the same rules.

Maggie S. May 3, 2012 at 1:46 pm

So, I am progressively painting a picture of you at work. Moon pie in hand. Pretty bras showing. flamingo. Cardboard cut out of Johnny Depp… It’s a wonder you get anything done at all.

I don’t like banana flavored anything. I always thought those were vanilla. I don’t like graham cracker touching anything either. I didn’t think of myself as too prissy to live until now, either.
Maggie S. recently posted..Spring Fever…The CureMy Profile

Carrie May 3, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Oh, that’s good. Really good.

That could quite possibly be my new life’s motto: Too prissy to live.

Believe it or not, I get lots of stuff done. I just make it look painless. Just do not, and I repeat DO NOT ask the boss.

He could have a whole different story for you.

Love. =)

Kim Pugliano @The G is Silent May 3, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I love your bra.

Carrie May 3, 2012 at 2:25 pm
Jennifer May 3, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I just bought new bras too, and now I’m broke. Sheesh. Who new lycra was so expensive.
Jennifer recently posted..Sometimes it isn’t growing painsMy Profile

Carrie May 3, 2012 at 10:53 pm

It was a toss up between paying the car note, or buying new bras.

The bras won.

Carrie's Experimental Kitchen May 3, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I still stunned that I’ve never heard of a Moon Pie, forget about the bra! 😉
Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen recently posted..Cinco de Mayo Recipe IdeasMy Profile

Carrie May 3, 2012 at 10:54 pm

ARE YOU KIDDING?

But wait. You’re superb in the kitchen…so why would you know about a moonpie?

I bet you could make them though.

Kat1e May 3, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I’ve enjoyed some RC colas in my life and a moon pie or 2 or 50. But, have you ever had a grape Nehi? or you know what I really love? a Zero candy bar!…..now, I’m hungry….I better go knit.
Kat1e recently posted..One mistake and then another.My Profile

Carrie May 3, 2012 at 10:55 pm

YES! Grape Nehi is what I drank at high school football games sitting in the student section trying to look all cool.

Oh, wow. THERE’S some years I haven’t thought about in ages.

Barbara May 3, 2012 at 9:04 pm

I’ve never had a moon pie which is really odd for an Oklahoma girl. I have however had my fill of RC cola. My grandfather drank it all the time when I was growing up. Good stuff.
Barbara recently posted..Cutting The FluffMy Profile

Carrie May 3, 2012 at 10:56 pm

You gotta get a moonpie.

They can be found at most any 7-11. And I know an Oklahoma girl knows what a 7-11 is.

I’m gonna have to do the RC Cola thing, too.

Bobbi May 3, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Don’t you know buying bras is one thing to break the bank. I love moon pies.
Bobbi recently posted..Free WriteMy Profile

Carrie May 3, 2012 at 10:57 pm

I know. You are so right.

I should have taken out a small loan.

But I love, love, love pretty bras. They’re totally worth it until rent comes due.

Tricktop May 3, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I’ve always had some strange karma with Moonpies. I avoid them for years, but once in a while their sexy wrapping, the shape, something just does it for me, and I go in, grab one and just as I bite into it I realize, yep, I’ve been duped again. It’s stale.

they have a shelf life of like, a Million years. I’m pretty sure that the ones I find were stared at by cavemen like that damm obelisque from 2001: A Space Odyssey, still in their sexy wrapper.
Tricktop recently posted..I’m not hip enough for comic books.My Profile

Carrie May 3, 2012 at 10:58 pm

I’m ashamed to say I’ve never looked at the wrapper long enough to know if it’s sexy or not.

Tricktop May 4, 2012 at 7:53 am

naaa, really, I’m easy.

They had me at Chocolate.

and once at Banana, but that was more of a curiosity thing.
Tricktop recently posted..The Avengers!!!My Profile

Sara May 3, 2012 at 11:12 pm

You are TOO cute! I just love this post!

Carrie May 3, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Aww…that makes my day.

God love it, thank you! =)

Jamie May 3, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I hate that really great bras are so expensive, but then again, a really really great bra is so worth it! And yes, now I’m wondering what this pretty bra looks like. I haven’t looked down to see a pretty bra in months. Maybe I’ll reward myself with one after all of this growing in my body is done. 🙂

And, I’ve never wanted to eat a Moonpie. I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever even had one. After reading your post about how much you love them, I’m kinda ashamed. 😉
Jamie recently posted..What a Day!My Profile

Carrie May 3, 2012 at 11:18 pm

That is a FAB idea! Once that baby girl is here, bring on the new pretty bras!!

Don’t be ashamed. “I” should be ashamed of liking them. Kinda like I like Twinkies.

And other food that is probably not really food.

Karyn May 4, 2012 at 1:01 am

Ive never heard of a moonpie, but now Im incredibly curious – which is useless because Im all the way over here with no chance of eating on this side of 2015. I DO want to see the pretty bra, what about a photo of it NOT on you?
Karyn recently posted..It’s The Post About Nothing That Makes It Really SomethingMy Profile

Carrie May 4, 2012 at 6:34 am

Check your local convenient store…I’ll bet they have a moonpie or two hidden on a shelf. Deeeeep on a shelf.

Maren May 4, 2012 at 5:57 am

I wonder what moonpies are like. There are so many things you have across the ocean that I want to try! Not fair.
Maren recently posted..April in review!My Profile

Carrie May 4, 2012 at 6:35 am

Well, don’t think they’re healthy…they’re probably not.

Ok. They’re not.

You should probably be thankful we have all the bad stuff over here!

Chrissy May 4, 2012 at 10:14 am

Bras and moonpies, why am I not surprised…. Girl I remember you telling me when adjusted your bra at work…. Good times !!

Carrie May 4, 2012 at 10:34 am

Oh, you should know to NEVER be surprised!!

And the adjusting continues….=)

Amanda May 4, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I’m not a huge fan of Moon Pies or even Twinkies, but I love, love, love the Little Debbies brownies and star crunch and brownies with all the different toppings and swiss rolls and brownies and oatmeal cream pies so much!! The brownies too! Dangit! Now I need to go to the store!
Amanda recently posted..The Perfect DayMy Profile

Carrie May 4, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Uh, were you HERE???

I kid you not, when the moonpies arrived we started talking about, “hey, remember those star crunch things??” and “what about ring dings?”

Those oatmeal cream pies totally bring me back to 3rd grade lunches! Those were completely un-tradeable, too. No way, no how was a trading an oatmeal cream pie for anything!

Amanda May 4, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Ok, so here’s what you do. The next time your nieces are staying with you, take them to the Little Debbie station in the grocery store and let them pick out a box each and then you pick out the six boxes you absolutely have to have. When you check out, no one looks twice at all the crap in your shopping cart because you have kids with you and it’s perfectly acceptable to feed kids that stuff on the weekends. Then, you call it a girls’ night in and pig out! Then, when you’ve had your fill and they’ve bounced off the walls for two days, pack it all up and send it home with them! 🙂 Perfect weekend!
Amanda recently posted..The Perfect DayMy Profile

Carrie May 4, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Oh.

MY.

GOD.

That is friggin brilliant.

Deanna May 6, 2012 at 10:37 am

Love Moonpies!! Also, just bought a pretty bra yesterday… New fashion statement LOL Kep up the great work!!
Deanna recently posted..What a Girl wantsMy Profile

Melssa Placzek May 6, 2012 at 10:56 am

moonpies are some of the best bad-for-you treats out there…but Oreos are still at the top of my list. 😉

xoxo
~M
Melssa Placzek recently posted..strawberries & cream browniesMy Profile

Carrie May 6, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Oreos are pretty scrupmpt.

As a matter of fact, that’s the ONLY time I drink milk. With oreos.

Rach (DonutsMama) May 6, 2012 at 7:53 pm

You have some very sweet friends. I like friends who send me food too. That’s the best kind.
Rach (DonutsMama) recently posted..Life’s Lessons: Out & About & I Miss the BlogosphereMy Profile

Carrie May 8, 2012 at 7:57 am

I do, girl…I sure do. For some reason, people are good to me.

Fashionista Era May 7, 2012 at 1:01 pm

HAHAHA!! Moonpie sounds good…ive never tasted that girl :p I should sometime, I’ve been to dallas and stayed there too! wish i could have known you then would have been SWEET!! HAHA….reading your blog i feel im sitting there listening to you talk. Great talent really. Im sure you look great too in your erm..well….bra! lol…. 😀 there i said it hehe…

Another great laugh…another greatttttttttttttt blog post! as always i cant wait for the next!!

Carrie May 8, 2012 at 7:55 am

You should do it. It’s totally worth a trip to a convenient store!

Jef May 7, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I totally understand what you mean about your bra. As much as my genital piercing cost, I believe I should be able to show that sucker off. However, Human Resources quoted something from the employee handbook about working around children. Some people live with so many limitations.

If you ever come to Atlanta, I will buy you a MoonPie AND a RC Cola.
Jef recently posted..How My Mother Inspired Me TodayMy Profile

Carrie May 8, 2012 at 7:54 am

I KNEW I loved you! See…you get it. Yep…you get it.

And you can bet should I ever be Atlanta bound…we’re on!

jennie May 7, 2012 at 8:10 pm

WOW! I’m sooo going to eat a moonpie now!
jennie recently posted..SundayMy Profile

Carrie May 8, 2012 at 7:54 am

You haven’t lived, sister…you just haven’t lived.

Do it.

LeAnne May 8, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Banana moon pies? Really? Who thinks of banana say vs… vanilla??? 🙂

You have a gem of a friend there, don’t let her out of your sight!!!

And take a pic of the bra already, you don’t have to be in it 🙂
LeAnne recently posted..20 things you don’t know, or want to know, but I’m gonna tell you anywayMy Profile

Carrie May 9, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I know…JoAnn surprises me all the time. She’s a dear.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down May 9, 2012 at 5:40 pm

So what you’re saying is that if we mention our bra to someone after we screw something up…then it will throw them off balance and they’ll just fix it for us??Adding this to my strategy!
Holly from 300 Pounds Down recently posted..Whatcha Doin’ Wednesday: May 8,2012My Profile

Carrie May 9, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Well, Diane it didn’t work with. But she’s used to me and this surprised her a bit. She just rolled her eyes and did it so I’d shut up.

Connie Weiss May 10, 2012 at 11:24 am

I don’t believe I’ve ever had a moon pie. Where do you buy them?
Connie Weiss recently posted..While Connie Sleeps….My Profile

Carrie May 11, 2012 at 9:08 am

Well, first you probably should find a little town with a Deliverance feel to it…then head straight to the gas station.

I know. I have such class. =)

Jessica May 21, 2012 at 8:55 pm

RC Cola yes. We were poor growing up. Moon Pie no…but that doesn’t mean my parents didn’t buy them. I just didn’t eat them. Or recall eating them. I want friends like Diane. Well, I have them, but I don’t work with them. I’d have to have these types of conversations in the privacy of the bathroom stall I think.

Carrie May 22, 2012 at 11:45 am

HAHA!! My privacy setting is “where ever I am.”

I should probably fliter more. =)