Yes, I deserve to be punched in the neck but don’t because I kinda have some excuses.

August 6, 2012 in Crap I Was Considerate Enough to Not Bother You with Before Now.,Hit or Miss...kinda like my dating life.

I know, I know.  Get off my back.  It’s been ages.

Somebody punch me in the neck or something.  Where have I been?  What is wrong with me?!?

I know.

I’ve been…well, busy.

Good busy…but busy.

I’m just gonna throw out a random sampling of things that have either been going on, happening, making me gripey or just for lack of better words…keeping me away from you:

(And I have missed you horribly.  I have.  I don’t lie about stuff like that.)

1.  A man cooked for me.

2.  I check the medal count for the Olympics online at the work joint no less than 84 times a day.  Anytime the US is ahead of China on the count, I feel it is my duty as an American citizen to alert my co-workers in a loud, unexpected squeal of, “We’re back on top!”.  They don’t seem to care.  However they now seem to hate me.

(Big deal.  It ain’t their first time and I can assure you, it won’t be their last.)

(I physically can not wait till the boy’s start up the basketball and it’s televised!  This will be the ONLY time I’ll cheer for LeBron James.  Write that down.)

C.  A man’s sweet little girl gave me the most perfect pair of earrings.  Just because.

4.  A red wasp (approximately the size of a Fiat) was hovering above me one afternoon while I was totally engrossed in an episode of Judge Judy.  I high-jumped the sofa to get into the bathroom for safety and this took approximately .04 seconds.

As I slowly open the door and see it looking for me, I grab the nearest weapon.

As my shoe was in mid-air, I prayed it wouldn’t sail straight through the huge ass window it was headed straight for and plummet to it’s death 2 stories below.  It was muddy out.  It was my favorite shoe.  It was safe.

5.  I went to church and glared at a small, helpless infant that wouldn’t shut up 2 rows over.  I am evil and must be destroyed.

6.  A man kissed me.

7.  I picked up breakfast at a nationwide chain place on my way to work one morning and the dude cashier said, “Ma’am…you are very well put together.”

I focused more on the “Ma’am” part but thanked him anyway.  It was totally the good bra.

H.  I was in a cop car on Friday night.  Handcuffs weren’t needed…I went willingly.

9.  I kinda got on a small rant at the work joint about all the stupid shit going on with the don’t-eat-there-because-they-said-some-shit-I-don’t-agree-with crap going on.  No one is right as far as I’m concerned.  And this is as political as I’ll ever get here.

Or anywhere.

Therefore, here’s the last thing I’ll say about all that:

10.  A man has officially become The Man.

Peggy S. August 6, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Makes my heart happy! Probably his, too!

Carrie August 6, 2012 at 10:28 pm

I’m glad…and I think his might be, too.

Barbara August 6, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Yea for a post! Yea for the man! Yea for good bras!
Barbara recently posted..Getting Our Kicks On Route 66My Profile

Carrie August 6, 2012 at 10:29 pm

I know, girl…what a loser. I have totally fallen off the wagon. Or under it. Or whatever. But I gotta get it together.

Hollie August 6, 2012 at 8:59 pm

LOVE! and… hmmm. :))))

Carrie August 6, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Aww…you’re such a doll.

Sweet, sweet, sweet. Always. =)

L.Hewitt August 7, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Oh Hell Yeah to numbers 1.6. & 10. #c is just precious. number 4 – I feel your terror, glad that shoe made it.
#h is questionable – but worth the wait – I know there is a story involved. #2 & 9 – tots agree. #5 – you get a karma pass. #7 – re-focus – though I am not fluent in Texas, I am pretty sure that was his way of saying – girl- you are built like a brick shit house. O.K. – you go be busy, we can wait.

Carrie August 7, 2012 at 1:59 pm

A brick shit house. I love that.

And you.

That just made my day. =)

Carrie's Experimental Kitchen August 7, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Wow, what a week you’ve had! So glad you found someone that makes you happy, you deserve it! :)
Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen recently posted..My Next Experiment…My Profile

Carrie August 7, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Well, I am happy. Way happy.

However, HE’D probably be much happier if I cooked like YOU.

Maggie S. August 7, 2012 at 4:23 pm

You are so funny; I’m quitting.

I remember being “well put together”. Barely.

Are the kisser the drive thru guy and THE man the same guy? Do they know about each other?
Maggie S. recently posted..Quick. Random. Tuesday.My Profile

Carrie August 7, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Oh, no no no. The kisser stands alone. =)

Elaine A. August 7, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Aw, I like you when you have found love… you are even cuter. If that is even possible.

And that saying at the bottom of your post is hilariously true.

Carrie August 7, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Love is good. I certainly can’t complain.

And ain’t it though? It’s a rough day when I look around the room and “I’m” the only one I think is reasonable. THAT is totally NOT a good sign.

Fashionista Era August 8, 2012 at 2:06 pm

As always you make me laugh…who is the mystery man!! I am really trying to know who this is. ;) wink wink, details hehee….Oh this bee keeps coming and entering my house too girl. Its soooooooooo annoying!! Hehehe… :p Kinda reminded me of my week haha

have fun honey!!! :) btw hun, im gonna be launching my own jewelry store – precious stones/pearls/silver sets :) Lemme know if you have any interest and u can reach me on fashionistaera@yahoo.com :D Also if any of your friends have any interest!

Hugssss
Hanzzzz
Fashionista Era recently posted..Amazing Emma-Garfield ;)My Profile

Carrie August 14, 2012 at 8:44 am

How great! Your own jewelry store?!? I bet that takes off in no time…yay for you!

katie metzroth August 8, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Thought I was gona have withdrawals. Glad yer back!

My first thought on you are very well put together is that you look like you have your sh1t together (I’m not sure anyone goes around telling ppl they look like they have it together, but they do in my world), but upon re-reading it, I think yea, he was just saying you’re fit (which is British for stacked)….either way, winning! : )

These are not my words on the Chick fil A debacle, but I thought you might like to read:
katie metzroth recently posted..My thoughts on Total Recall (no spoilers)My Profile

Carrie August 14, 2012 at 8:46 am

Kinda like in your world…things go on in my world that don’t necessarily happen any where else.

I like knowing I’m not the only oddball out there. =)

Connie Weiss August 9, 2012 at 2:26 pm

You got a man? AWESOME!!

I was eating on the patio the other night and a wasp came over, pick up a little piece of chicken and flew away with it.
Connie Weiss recently posted..Team PTAMy Profile

Carrie August 14, 2012 at 8:47 am

A damn wasp has some nerve. You’re braver than me…I would have high jumped all the patio furniture as soon as I saw it hovering over my way.

mark August 11, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Very nice and congratulations! You’re so much nicer than I am because I’m not going to make any apologies for the long gaps between my posts. Either I’m busy or I’m lazy and neither of those require justification. I expect you’re going to be keeping busier now that there’s someone else in the picture too. That’s a statement based on experience. We’ll see you in October ;).
mark recently posted..Hockey Sticks Are All We NeedMy Profile

Carrie August 14, 2012 at 8:49 am

October….that kinda seems about right, huh? I love your attitude and always have!

I love my blog. However when life throws kinks in I gotta pick and choose what comes first. I do hope things slow down enough so I can re-focus though.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell August 12, 2012 at 3:50 pm

All this man talk is all the explanation you needed. Enjoy every minute!

Carrie August 14, 2012 at 8:50 am

Thank you so much…it’s funny how life doesn’t mind taking a back seat when love wants to sit in the front. =)

Karyn September 9, 2012 at 9:36 pm

My head is spinning, I cant believe I have been away for all this and now I am way behind the 8-ball.

There is a “The Man”. Who, what, where, how?
There is kissing!! I LOVE early relationship kissing, its the best (no disrespect to the decade-long-married kind, but you know, the excitement of new things and all…)
He cooks! Watch yourself, Ive wanted a species that cooks forever, and have never found one.

I’m excited, and its not even my life!
Karyn recently posted..Lynx, cleans your…(yeah, I can’t say it)My Profile