Not much has changed unless you consider totally remodeling life as ‘change.’

April 22, 2013 in Crap I Was Considerate Enough to Not Bother You with Before Now.

Apparently, it’s true.

I can’t do two things at once.  Those two things being:

1.  Life

B.  Blogging

I know.  Lame.  I get it.  Grow up.  Be a real woman.  Suck it up and multi-task.  Yeah.  Sure.  Uh, huh.

Not a whole lot has happened since I last did this blog thing back in 1972.

Well, I did go on a date.

He was cute.

(Well, really cute, if I’m honest.)

(Like when I’m walking up to the table and he turns to meet me, in my mind I’m screaming, “Sweet Jesus…Momma has hit the jackpot!” kind of cute.)

You know how when you have lipgloss on your teeth?  Or salad dressing on your chin?  Or cellulite on your ass?  You kinda feel like you reeeeally need to do something about it, right?

Well, I that’s how I felt after that date.

For so many first dates…I left thinking, “Nice dude, but don’t be calling me later.”

Not this one.

Oh, no.

It was the most perfect date with the most perfect man.  And when that date was over, I immediately knew I was going to have to do something about it.

So.  I married him.

It’s all I could think to do!  I was completely off my A-game!  I just did not see this coming!

It was just supposed to be another first date with another nice guy who would be another phone call I wouldn’t answer later!

But, no.

He had to go and be all romantic-ky and gentlemanly and perfect manner-ly and cute and know how to have a decent conversation that didn’t include questions like, “So, are those real?” and “Do you like sex?” and “Are you into girls, too?”

(Ain’t kidding.  Go on and be single for a while and you’ll see.)

So, it’s kinda his fault.

He said he liked my wit.  My smile.  My accent.

MY ACCENT.

(And let’s be honest, probably my fake charm I loaded down with after I saw him.)

(And batty eyes.)

(Not ‘batty’ like the rabid thing that comes out at night, either.)

Seriously.  The very thing that has sent people running for a dictionary or a thesaurus or an encyclopedia or just big, overstuffed ear muffs is the very thing that reeled this man in.

(I’ll never understand life.)

He made me blush.

(Which ain’t happened since 7th grade when my bra strap broke in my English class.  So, I just took it off and jammed it in my purse.)

(No, not in class.  By my locker.)

Yep.  I said “I do” on March 28.

(Yeah, it was a Thursday.  I’m traditional like that.)

No ceremony.  No family.  No nothing.

Just us, his sweet daughter and the pastor.  At our house.

(And my lipgloss, of course.)

(The sweet daughter is a joy.)

(The second love of my life.)

(And she’s a teenager.)

(I know.)

(Lots of estrogen swirling around that house now.)

(But I love her.  Dearly.)

I still can’t talk about him without getting all giddy and stupid.  I go into total douche-mode.

I blush.

I giggle.

I don’t even know me anymore.

(Well, I guess I kinda HAVE totally remodeled life.)

(So, why should I know me?  Right?)

It’s like I’m in junior high again and that cute boy in Algebra keeps kicking the back of my chair.

(Wait.  I didn’t take Algebra.)

(It’s stupid and nobody should have to take it.)

(Ever.)

I kinda get sick being around me a little.  And others probably do, too.  But I don’t care.  I can honestly say I’ve never been so loved and I’ve never loved so much…so, I’ll take all the giddyness and stupidness and blushiness for as long as it lasts.

Because Sweet Jesus, MOMMA HAS HIT THE JACKPOT!

Family Pic

katie metzroth April 22, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Congrats, lady!
Now, blog up! (like “cowboy up”, but different).
katie metzroth recently posted..Yummy yarn and sweet customer service.My Profile

Carrie April 22, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Blog up.

I kinda like that.

And is it odd that I totally got it? We think alike and honey, that ain’t good for you.

Carrie recently posted..Not much has changed unless you consider totally remodeling life as ‘change.’My Profile

Barbara April 22, 2013 at 1:05 pm

So so so so so happy for you! You hit the jackpot and so did they!!! Congratulations!

Plus….we all win because you blogged again!!
Barbara recently posted..Elements of Yoga: Earth Foundation with Tara LeeMy Profile

Carrie April 22, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Aww…thank you! It’s kinda funny how when love hits, everything else falls to the wayside.

Love you, dear. Thank you.

Anne April 22, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Carrie!!! As soon as I got the email notification that you commented on my blog I had to race over here to see if you had posted recently. And you did! And what a post it was! I am so happy for you; you deserve all of that squealing happiness!!
Anne recently posted..UpdateMy Profile

Carrie April 22, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Anne, you’re such a doll!! Thank you so much. I’m telling you…life picked up full speed and never slowed down!

Thank you so much…and it was a good giggle I had watching Little Bear with the peanut butter!!

Breane April 22, 2013 at 1:47 pm

You have no idea how incredibly happy I am for you. I could tell the first time you told me about Mr. Wonderful that he was exactly that. Congratulations, you deserve all of the happiness in the world.

And, I must say, for all of the losers you dated (not that I know them personally, but from what you’ve said, they were losers (not that it was your fault they were, but you know what I mean)), this guy was totally worth the wait! 🙂
Breane recently posted..It’s been awhile… again.My Profile

Carrie April 22, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Oh, goodness yes…he certainly was.

I say all the time I now know why I was single for all those years. I know what I have and I’m old enough to appreciate it and wise enough to nurture it.

Thank you so much. I still get stupid talking about him…but I’m a big fan of love now.

Lisa Hewitt April 22, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I am speechless – not really – Congratulations! So proud for all y’all. That looks like one fine little family up there. And you have a girl too! I am just tickled to pieces for you. Happy. Happy.

Carrie April 22, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Thank you so much! You’ve always been so good and sweet and your words mean a lot!

I’ve got it good. We’re happy and I keep thinking I need to pinch myself. He’s the best and his sweet daughter is the daughter I always prayed for but could never have.

Somebody up above was looking out for me…that’s for sure!

wendy April 22, 2013 at 2:28 pm

oh, carrie, when i saw this post in my inbox i read it immediately. i can’t tell you how happy the whole thing makes me — for you and for your new family. congratulations, sister! and write when you feel like it; you know we’ll all be just hanging around our inboxes, waiting for updates on your gorgeous remodel. 🙂

(and i’m blogging elsewhere, too — bellanoise is no more. come visit when you can!)

Carrie April 22, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Thank you, thank you! I’m pretty excited non-stop. This has been the best party I’ve had in ages!

wendywrites.com

I will totally be there!! Yay for you, Tutz!!! =)

kk April 22, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Girrrrrrrrl I’m so freakin’ happy for you! He must be a wonderful man for you to have been mute for all of these months!!! Didn’t think anyone could make YOU speechless!!! I’m thrilled for you but more thrilled for him. Life will never be dull for him or your daughter with you around! Stay syrup-y, babble on, brag on yourself just keep us updated on you and your new kinda life. He may love you but we loved you FIRST!!!!!!
Hugs!

Carrie April 22, 2013 at 2:48 pm

KK, girl that is such good stuff to hear! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

I’m lucky, blessed, fortunate…whatever you want to call it. No clue I could love so much. But it looks like I can. =)

Tons of hugs right back to you…thank you so, so much! Love you to pieces!

Joan@Chocolate and More April 22, 2013 at 3:00 pm

OMG, OMG!!!! I was just thinking of you this morning, honest, talking to my sister who lives in Austin, who, by the way you are way cooler than but she does have her moments. So OMG! Congrats! and Let me just tell you, and him, oh and yes, him is pretty cute, that HE has hit the jackpot. Big hugs girl, you deserve all the happiness there is out there XOXO
Joan@Chocolate and More recently posted..Fresh Strawberry Ice CreamMy Profile

Carrie April 22, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Hey!!! What a small world?!? Your sister is down here…how cool! (And I bet she is way cooler than she lets on to family…all of us Austin folk like to think we’re cool. Even if we’re the only ones who think it!)

Thank you…yep, he’s my joy. It’s stupid to be so in love…but I am.

It’s great to hear from you!! =)

Carrie' Experimental Kitchen April 22, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Carrie I was so happy to see a new post pop up on my email and with such fabulous news! Congratulations to all of you and I wish you all continued, blissful happiness. Glad you’re back, you were missed! xo

Carrie April 22, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I gotta say, I really missed writing and keeping up with so many!

He is really the one that pushed/encouraged me to start back at it. However, from some of the blogworthy events that have cropped up for us…he might be eating those words of encouragement before long!

😉

Thank you, Carrie, for such nice comments…it’s great to be back!

Jessica April 22, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Holy shit, I saw your tweet and had to rush to put the kids to bed and come read. Let me just say, FIRST of all, that Algebra is used every single time a person with a budget has to go to the grocery store, missy. If apples cost $1 and bananas cost $2, and you want 4 apples and only have $10, how many bananas can you buy? That’s 4a + 2b = 10, or 4(1) + 2b = 10, or 4+2b=10, or 2b=6, meaning b=3 bananas!

Okay, second of all, WHAT THE HELL? This is the most awesome “Oh my gosh where did she disappear to and then bam! the reappear happens and we’re all knocked off our chairs” kinda awesome. Congrats. How incredibly COOL. Be giddy. I love it.
Jessica recently posted..Monday MumblesMy Profile

Carrie April 22, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Oh, whoa! Apparently I don’t buy enough apples. Or bananas. Or vowels! Maybe I’m using Algebra and didn’t even know it!

But the big question: HOW ARE THOSE PRECIOUS KIDS OF YOURS?!?

I have seriously got some catching up to do.

Thank you…and yep, it’s some awesome stuff for me. Giddy is good. It’s fun. It’s silly.

It’s actually friggin heaven.

Thanks girl…can’t wait to buzz over and see those pretty babies of yours!!

Joanna April 22, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Congrats!! Although, all I can thinks is way to leave us all in a lurch wondering if you were stuck under a couch getting attacked by spiders and no way to call for help. But yay for happy surprises!
Joanna recently posted..The Annual Freak OutMy Profile

Carrie April 23, 2013 at 7:36 am

HAHA!! You’re as crazy as ever!

Lurch. Now THAT is a good word I can promise you I will use more than 4 times today. Really good.

Happy surprises ARE good! Thanks so much!

Little Turd April 23, 2013 at 8:56 am

Hey!! Just wanted to tell you we are ALL SO happy for y’all! The Beaumont family definitely approves!

Carrie April 23, 2013 at 9:00 am

Thank you, thank you!

We should be in town in a month or so and would love to see that sweet baby boy!

BTW…you look fantastic. Just fabulous!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? April 23, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Oh MY GOODNESS! Yes, I’m shouting!

So happy for you! This is awesome.

I was wondering where you had fallen off, to. Glad it was falling in love!
Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? recently posted..A night out for a causeMy Profile

Carrie April 23, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Thank you! I’m still shouting. I’m a big fan of love. Each day the butterflies get a little worse…I keep thinking all this heaven HAS to eventually get old, huh?

So far…it’s fab!

Lisa Newlin April 23, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Congrats on finding your two new loves! I know exactly how you feel because that’s how I felt when I met my husband, and years later we’re still just as happy as we were. Finding that perfect person makes everything better.
Lisa Newlin recently posted..How to write a wedding toast for a couple you don’t like and a wedding you don’t support.My Profile

Carrie April 24, 2013 at 7:38 am

Thank you, Lisa! And you are sooo right. Can’t explain it, but when it happens you just know it. I’m a huge fan of love now…it certainly makes life a whole bunch sweeter!

Diane April 24, 2013 at 6:58 am

I am so thrilled you are back and you already know how happy I am for you. Tom on the other hand, he’s still trying to adjust to you being married. Love you girl!

Carrie April 24, 2013 at 7:40 am

Thanks so much! You’ve certainly heard about the blah dates and you heard tons about that one great date!

And tell Tom that Keith is still trying to adjust to being married to me. I’m not sure he knew what all he was getting! =)

TOO LATE NOW!

Jennifer April 24, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Now it makes sense on why you cut out on dinner with me the last time I was there. You’re forgiven by the way. 😉
Jennifer recently posted..Are You a Candy Crush Addict?My Profile

Carrie April 24, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Yep. The love bug bit and it won’t let up.

It’s silly. It’s ridiculous. It’s way cool. =)

Jef April 24, 2013 at 10:44 pm

When your blog went quiet, I figured a man was behind it.

Not that he had tied you up with your laptop just out of reach, but maybe some handcuffs with a rabbit fur lining, some wet celery, and a whisk.

Congratulations! Now you have two more people to blog about. 🙂
Jef recently posted..Word Up Wednesday: Flash BobMy Profile

Carrie April 25, 2013 at 8:11 am

See? You knew. Definitely a man involved.

And you are soooo right: TWO MORE PEOPLE TO BLOG ABOUT!

God love’em!

Meredith @ The Girl Next Door Drinks and Swears April 24, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Hi, Carrie! I saw that you commented on a couple of my posts and was feeling bad that I’d missed out on your blog. But then I went back in your history and saw that it’s been a LONG time since you posted! Whew!

Congratulations on your life “remodel”! Excited to read more about you!
Meredith @ The Girl Next Door Drinks and Swears recently posted..This Makes Me Feel a Lot Cooler Than I Really AmMy Profile

Carrie April 25, 2013 at 8:14 am

Your blog is fab and I’m so glad I found it!

Thank you so much! I did put on the brakes for a bit when love bit, but now that life is trying to find a normalcy, I’m squeezing the blog back in.

Poppy April 24, 2013 at 11:53 pm

I’m glad you posted a picture of your hunka hunka burning love for proof – I just thought you were in rehab 🙂 CONGRATULATIONS!

Carrie April 25, 2013 at 8:15 am

You know, I do feel like I’ve been in a form of rehab.

I fought that love crap until I could fight no more. I gave in like a big giant loser.

And I’m so glad I did!! Best thing ever! Thank you tons!!

(How’s ol’Hank doing?? I’m heading over to check up on him!)

Maggie S. April 25, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Y’all are perfect. Congratulations, officially. I don’t know if you remember wishing you had girls like mine one time? Now, you do.
Maggie S. recently posted..The Heartbreak ImperativeMy Profile

Carrie April 26, 2013 at 7:44 am

Thanks so much! You’re girls are precious. You should be so proud of them! I love how they love each other.

Cayla is a little blessing to me. She’ll be 15 in May and STILL has manners and consideration for others and just a sweet spirit. My fingers are crossed things stay the same because I hear closer to 16-17…they can reeeeeally be challenging.

Kim June 12, 2013 at 7:59 am

Carrie!! I know I am a little late on this, but I am so happy you’re back! And married!! Congrats!

I can’t wait to spend my work day catching up on your posts (ssshhh..don’t tell anyone 🙂
Kim recently posted..U-Pick…Who Knew?My Profile