Bet you never thought you’d see Post-it Notes, a Hippie Van and Zombie-talk in one place, huh? You’re welcome.

June 4, 2013 in Hit or Miss...kinda like my dating life.

You know how when you’re on the way to the work joint and you’re just not feeling it and you wish you didn’t stop and get that breakfast taco because now you’re going to be all gassy when you get there and you have run out of co-workers to blame because they’re on to your game and your crap and you’re like all, “Damn…wish I had a colorful post it note so I could jot down a reminder to myself to not forget to actually get out of the car when I get there.”

Voila.

Car Post It

And then there is the time you’re feeling all hippy-ish and Woodstock-y and you’re donning your best pair of bell-bottoms and you find yourself belting out “FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE!” with Janis Joplin on an oldies radio station and you hate the fact that you’re old enough to actually BE listening to anything classified as an “oldies” station, but you have to admit there are days when Janis, Jimi, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, The Who and the BeeGees are needed?

And you wonder if you’re the only person alive that loves that generation of tunes and all the peace signs and smiley faces that go with it?

(But not the armpit hair.)

(I know.)

(And I get it.   The BeeGees aren’t hippy-ish OR Woodstock-y, but I love me some “J-J-J-Jiiiiiive Talkin” and secretly you do, too.)

Again.  Voila.

Car hippie

And what about when you’re on your way home from the hair salon from getting your wig trimmed and your driving along in your car and your hair is wet because you’re too cheap to pay to have it styled because you’re not going anywhere anyway so you can just do it yourself at home for free because you like the way you do it better than the way anyone else does it so why pay when you’re not going to like it anyway?  And you start hoping and praying you don’t get stopped because you’re going well beyond the posted speed limit with a wet head and then you start getting nervous because, well…WHAT IF ZOMBIES START CHASING YOU AND YOUR WIG IS WET AND YOU’VE NEVER REALLY HEARD HOW ZOMBIES REACT TO WET WIGS??

Again.  Again.  Voila. Voila.

Car Zombie

So, thank you Austin drivers.

I curse you every day of my life while sitting on your parking lots you refer to as freeways.

But it’s because of you I can make myself a reminder to dry my wig when I get home while feeling perfectly at home crooning “Coo, coo-cachoo, Mrs. Robinson…” and not be concerning myself with Zombies.

And what they think about wet wigs.

Yep.  Uh, huh.

All this is real.

Tooken (or taken…not sure which), by me.

(I know there’s no such word as ‘tooken’.)

(Or is there?)

In my car.

On Austin streets.

While stopped.

(You wanted to go there, I know.)

In traffic.

(You sure there’s no ‘tooken’?)

(I kinda like it.)

(So, as of today…it’s a word.)

Adelyn June 4, 2013 at 11:44 am

I am so glad that you had tooken those pictures! Makes me want to visit Austin even more…seems like the weirdest, coolest midwestern city.
Adelyn recently posted..Day 3My Profile

Carrie June 4, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Austin is pretty fab. Certainly not boring and you can’t ever say there’s nothing to do here.

Even if it’s just people watching.

(BTW…I sent sweet Barbi from http://www.theboldblend.com over to your page. She’s doing the Whole 30, too.)

Barbara June 4, 2013 at 7:20 pm

I can’t get a sticky note to stay on my fridge yet this guy is rolling through town covered in them. I need to know what brand he buys. 😉
Barbara recently posted..Whole 30 – Week 1 RecapMy Profile

Carrie June 5, 2013 at 8:10 am

Girl, when I saw that…I could NOT believe it.

And the driver was not looking all too jovial about it. I am quite sure it was some kind of prank, but dude wasn’t loving it.

I, on the other hand, couldn’t whip my phone out quick enough. As well as the other 3 drivers around him.

Mandy Bullard June 4, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Uh, did Adelyn say ‘Midwestern’ when referring to Austin? She KNOWS we’re in TEXAS, right- not no boring Midwestern state…???? You need to get to teaching these folks that TEXAS is a country, NOT to be lumped in with other SOUTHERN states- or even worse, MIDWESTERN states!!!! GACK!!!!!

Carrie June 5, 2013 at 8:02 am

I don’t bash any states or cities.

People from all over the world are able to read my blog and never will I suggest one place is better than the other.

Plus, there IS an Austin in Minnesota. Easy mistake.

katie metzroth June 5, 2013 at 9:48 am

People in Minnesota would send you back, Carrie girl. They wouldn’t be able to understand you, between their accent and your drawl! You betcha!
katie metzroth recently posted..It’s only knitting….My Profile

Adelyn June 4, 2013 at 9:55 pm

My mistake Mandy. ;-). Being a transplant to the mainland (grew up in Hawaii) I still lose my mind on occasion. Yet another reason to visit Austin.

Carrie June 5, 2013 at 7:51 am

Adelyn….I knew exactly what you were talking about! I mean, we BOTH use ‘tooken’ so we kinda now speak the same language.

And I think it’s way cool to.

Mandy Bullard June 5, 2013 at 8:32 am

OOPS! Sorry- didn’t mean to offend! I forget not everyone knows I’m a smart-@ss and to not take me seriously.
Adelyn- come on down and visit Texas. Our personalities are as big as the feet we have to continually stick in our mouths!! 🙂

katie metzroth June 5, 2013 at 9:46 am

Did I tell you about the day I saw Santa while sitting in traffic? He was driving a big red truck with bumper stickers that referenced the North Pole and Elves. true story. love Austin!
katie metzroth recently posted..It’s only knitting….My Profile

Carrie June 5, 2013 at 10:00 am

THAT, my friend…is priceless.

Santa in a big red truck. Only in Austin.

Love that.

Lisa Hewitt June 5, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Sorry for the late, half-assed comment, but I am going to post-it a car. I just am. And – I have already been told the zombies are gonna get me first. Because I”m all runty – I’m gonna be an appetizer, a half-assed appetizer.

Carrie June 5, 2013 at 6:25 pm

YOU are so freaking awesome for that half-ass comment of yours!

Pure love, tutz…pure love. And THAT’S why the zombies are coming after you first! =)

wendywrites June 6, 2013 at 10:44 am

that post-it note truck is the craziest thing i’ve seen in awhile. don’t you love it when the people you’re sitting next to in traffic write your posts for you? i know i do. (and i swear, i posted my thing, clicked over to read you and saw that you were also all about the oldies tunes in this one. you’re right, too — i do love me some ‘jive talking’. it’ll cure what ails you.)
wendywrites recently posted..That Paul Simon songMy Profile

Carrie June 6, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Yep…sometimes I swear life just throws stuff in my path that is begging to be written about.

And I will take some Paul Simon, Carole King, etc. ANY DAY.

Carrie's Experimental Kitchen June 13, 2013 at 6:59 pm

I think I’m speechless! LOL I can’t believe you saw all of these vehicles in a short period of time. We have one around where I live with stuffed animals all over it which is pretty comical though. Thanks for the laugh!
Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen recently posted..Flank Steak Stuffed with Brie & Zucchini (Family Favorites) and How to Cook the Perfect Steak This Father’s DayMy Profile