Who knew fru-fruey coffee and big burly men go together like me and a big ol’downtown city?

October 28, 2013 in Me and My Public Self,Vlog. Or really just the real me.

Remember Green Acres?

(Lie if you have to.)

That TV show from way back with Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor?

Green Acres is the place to be
Farm livin’ is the life for me
Land spreadin’ out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside

New York is where I’d rather stay
I get allergic smelling hay
I just adore a penthouse view
Darling I love you but give me Park Avenue

That’s a jazzed up version of my life.  Seriously jazzed up.

(Now it’s stuck in your head, too.  Good.)

(I love Eva Gabor.  Love her.)

Keith wants cows in the yard.

I want bright lights at midnight.

Keith wants a tractor.

I want a personal driver.

(I’m sure it’s pretty apparent who wins this one.)

(Here’s a hint:  I pump my own gas.)

(Yeah.)

I love a big city because of the great people watching and the food and the noise and the hustling around and the cars honking and the walk-really-fast-or-you-die/don’t-walk-at-all-or-you-die crosswalk signs.

(Though I get really nervous and want to bust out in a run when I’m in the middle of the crossing and the red hand on the crosswalk sign comes up and the countdown starts.)

(My pulse starts racing and my eyes get big and I may or may not have whipped off my heels and broke into a maniacal run, bobbing and weaving between people while squealing a pretty high pitched throat siren-sound through the crowd to get to the other side before the countdown hit 7.)

Anytime I get the chance to travel to a big city for work, I get all giddy.

And though Fort Worth might not be the biggest big city, it IS when the city you live in has one grocery store and a Sonic.

And you have chickens in your backyard.

After a ridiculously early morning start last week in Fort Worth, I took a mid-morning break and snuck off to the local Starbuck’s on the corner.

(Is ‘snuck’ even a word?  It is now.)

(Lemon poundcake and salted caramel mocha.)

(Sweet Jesus.  Oh, sweet Jesus.  Very fru-fruey but that surprises you none from me.  We all know it.)

Fort Worth FB

Lots of suits, lots of high heels, lots of big hair, lots of noise and lots of construction.  In other words, prime people watching for my viewing pleasure.

And I thought of you.  And wanted to have you there with me.

So, it’s like we’re ALLLLL sitting around this little round, green patio table at the front door of Starbuck’s.

With only 2 chairs.  So, well…I guess we’re all sitting pretty close.

In big ol’downtown Fort Worth.  Watching others have their fru-fru gourmet coffees and fancy pastries.

And well, if we’re sitting there…you know I’m gonna be making some observations.

Not judging.  Observing.

{ 10 comments }

Barbara October 28, 2013 at 3:21 pm

I love the DFW area! Everything is bigger and better in Texas. That said, highways in Dallas….I need a driver….and a Xanax once we make it to our destination alive. Six lane highways are too much for me.
Barbara recently posted..Official DietBet Final Weigh InMy Profile

Carrie October 28, 2013 at 3:41 pm

YOU AIN’T KIDDING.

Fort Worth was beautiful…but with the one way streets, construction and my feet hurting…I was ready to come home.

I was glad to see my small town.

Adelyn October 28, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Sometimes a fancy drink in the morning (or a different fancy drink at night) and a place to just rest a minute is perfect! People watching is icing. Truly. and icing is awesome…and so are you, my blog friend.
Adelyn recently posted..Checking InMy Profile

Carrie October 29, 2013 at 9:03 am

Fancy drinks are supreme! Especially the night-fancy-drinks!

You are pure love, Adelyn. I mean that. =)

Amber October 29, 2013 at 2:38 pm

We enjoy the Dallas area. So much to do!
Amber recently posted..Hey It’s Okay Tuesday!My Profile

Carrie October 29, 2013 at 3:17 pm

It is certainly busy and full of energy!

Lisa Hewitt October 29, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I cannot drive in Dallas. I do not know how you kept a straight face doing this. I need to address your facebook comment in re: weed-eater(?) We will be closing on our first home tomorrow and I have a signed & notarized statement that I will not be doing yard work, under any circumstances. Negotiations were involved.

Carrie October 30, 2013 at 8:26 am

I kept a straight face because I was delirious. Had to get up at 4:00, then decided the wig could just go without being shampooed, then had to walk 3 blocks downtown in the DARK with 2 laptops dragging behind me.

Pure delirium-ism.

Now, on that weedeater thing…I like a little yard work. However, the temps must be in the mid-60′s with a light breeze and sunny. I negotiated with Mother Nature.

Fashionista Era November 4, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Hey sweetie!! you are so kind to me i have no words. Always sending me the most lovely msgs on my blog…!! ive missed your blog…i disappeared for a while sorry about that…had a lil baby :D got real busy butttt love your blog had to head back here…will be more regular now hehe..got my routine going…!! as usual love your posts!!
Fashionista Era recently posted..Frosty nights..My Profile

Carrie November 5, 2013 at 3:27 pm

HAD A BABY?!? YAY!!

Congratulations!! That is fantastic…and the most perfect excuse for an absence!!

I certainly wish you all the best in the world with your little angel…this is just fabulous news!