December 18, 2013 in Stuff I Should Think About Regretting Later

My marriage is perfection.

I love my husband more than a woman should.  I had no idea it was possible to love someone so much and so hard.

Even when he’s sitting in his chair and he burps and he doesn’t hear me because he’s so entranced into some dumb cop show on TV and when he forgets to fast forward the DVR through commercials and when he farts and when he scratches and when he asks a question I’ve already answered 12 times and when he does all kinds of other shit I’m sure many other husbands do.

(Please tell me other husbands do stupid crap.)

I love him.  He’s perfect to me.  My love for him is strong.

And my family life is grand.

I love my girl more than I knew I could love a teenager.  I don’t believe I could love her more if I blew her out my lady hole 15 years ago.

Even when she rolls her eyes and when does that loud stupid teenage girl huffy dramatic breathing crap and when she walks right past a sink full of dishes and when she doesn’t feed the dog because she forgot even though she had to walk right past his empty bowl with him sitting by it and when she leaves an empty sandwich baggie box in the pantry and when she mouths off all back-talk-ish-y then says she’s joking when she’s called on it and we all know she’s not joking and when she doesn’t lift one purple polish-chipped fingernail all day then asks for a pair of boots that costs more than a small island.

(And I work.  She mooches.  How is this fair?)

I love her.  She’s the best.  My love for her is strong.

I would give my soul for both of them.  I do love them that much.

They are right up there with lipgloss and macaroni and cheese and ding dongs and moon pies and silly putty and fake moustaches and tooth black-out and big purple hats and high heels.  They mean that much to me.

(Brace yourself for what I’m about to reveal.)

(Or maybe it’s me who should do some bracing.)

(It’s me.  Definitely me on that bracing crap.)

(Drum roll, please….)

Hunting Text 2

They are both going hunting for a whole weekend.

(OH MY GOD I GET A WHOLE FRIGGIN WEEKEND TO MYSELF AND I CAN SLEEP AS LATE AS I WANT AND EAT WHAT I WANT WITHOUT ANYONE MAKING BARF SOUNDS IF THEY DON’T LIKE IT AND NO ONE TO HEAR FART EXCEPT ME AND I CAN WATCH WHAT I WANT AND DRINK ME SOME WINE AND THEN SOME MORE WINE AND OH MY GOD WHAT IF I DIE FROM ALL THE ALONENESS?)

(Don’t worry.)

(I assure you.  I won’t.)

{ 12 comments }

Val December 18, 2013 at 3:05 pm

YEAH! This is one reason why I love living on a firefighter’s schedule. 10 or more days a month I get the house to myself for 24 hours. I’m a night own though so him getting home around 8:30am can be frustrating. Have to hide the fact that maybe I only got a few hours of sleep lol If he works a 48 on a weekend, priceless!

And I absolutely adore my husband and I know there’s no one else out there that would ever have put up with me for 24 years. lol Once the boy’s sports aren’t in the way, I’ll look forward to him going on hunting trips with the boys again :)
Val recently posted..The Waitresses – Wrapping PaperMy Profile

Carrie December 18, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Exactly. You get it.

I told Keith last night, “You DO know I’m probably going to be homesick and ready for y’all to be back 8 hours after you leave, right?”

And that’s sad…but true. However, some alone time does the soul some good. It’s nice to miss them and nice to feel missed.

But in the meantime, BRING ON THE PJ’S AND REMOTE CONTROL!

Val December 18, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Yeah, mine’s been home for the last two weeks taking care of me after surgery. While I’m looking forward to him going back to work, it will be a huge change and I’ll be whiny about it. lol
Val recently posted..Staying Down After SurgeryMy Profile

Lisa Hewitt December 18, 2013 at 3:36 pm

You get the whole weekend, before Christmas, to yourself. My husband is going to be on vacation (home with me) the entire week of Chirstmas. Bitch.

Carrie December 18, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Oh, no. Not the weekend before Christmas. It’s not until January.

Bitch back.

But still. I GET A WHOLE FRIGGIN WEEKEND.

Since he’ll be on vacation, he can get his ass busy looking for a certain helmet. That should keep him busy and out of your hair.

Lisa Hewitt December 19, 2013 at 6:39 am

O.K. I take my bitch back (until January) then we’ll just have to see, funny you should mention the helment, as it has been preying on my mind. He Still cannot find it and wants to know where I originally purchased it. (I didn’t) Something tells me he’s going to “find” it, in a most unusual place. (Party City?) I don’t now how he will exlpain how certain sentimental markings, scratches, etc. are missing, but, it will be fun to watch. I’ll keep you posted.

Becca December 19, 2013 at 12:39 am

Your posts always crack me up – but I always say it’s better to miss someone than to be annoyed with them LOL
Becca recently posted..WeSing 80s – Wii Game ReviewMy Profile

Carrie December 19, 2013 at 1:37 pm

You got that right!! =)

Jennifer December 19, 2013 at 11:15 am

Sometimes it is just nice to be alone.
Jennifer recently posted..It’s okay to be sad at ChristmasMy Profile

Carrie December 19, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I think after this holiday mess, I’m gonna need it. Christmas is already here and I feel like I’ve busied myself right over it.
Carrie recently posted..I don’t care how strong the love is just maybe go away for a little bit so it can get stronger. Yeah.My Profile

Maren December 21, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Hahahah, Carrie. You are brilliant. :D
Maren recently posted..I changed my mind! :OMy Profile

Adelyn December 21, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Husbands do stupid crap. And we love them anyway.

I was so sad when my in-laws moved to the same town. Not because they were close because I love that part. It was because now my husband never leaches town without me. Never. I have tried. Trust me I ave tried. I LOVE my family…and I sometimes love an empty house! So jealous. I hope you have the BEST time…and then blog about it. ;-)