I’m tired. It’s as simple as that. I’m just tired.

August 28, 2014 in Crap I Was Considerate Enough to Not Bother You with Before Now.

It’s rare I ever chose to be serious.

At least here, on this blog thing.

This blog thing started a few years ago as something like maybe a hobby.  I’ve never liked to write and my high school English teacher, Mr. Atmar, would literally croak if he thought for one minute I put words on paper for people to read.

(He used to tell me his eyes would burn when he had to read some essay or story I had to write in his class.)

(I always enjoyed him and he did me.  He always pushed me to strive for me.)

My grammar is horrible.  And I’m fairly sure God and Mr. Atmar are probably the only ones who know what a dangling marsupial is.

(No, wait.  It’s participle, isn’t it?  A dangling participle.  Yeah.)

So, one day I thought I’d try to do a blog thing then found myself liking it.  Then found myself liking other blogs I would read.  Then found myself liking the blog writers of the other blogs I read.  Then found myself liking my readers.  Then found myself feeling like I actually knew my blog readers better than the people I know in real life.

Then when I did a Facebook page for my blog, I found I actually love chatting with my “likers” on it.

(Yes.  I said love.  And maybe I throw that word around too much.  But really, can love seriously be thrown around too much these days??)

My blog and you, have somewhat become a therapy for me.  Thank you for no copay.

So many other blog writers bare their souls.  They open their soul for the world to pick apart.  I haven’t always been that brave.  But well, today I’m kinda being a little brave.

So just bear with me on this one.

I get tired.  Of everything.

I get tired of the news.  I get tired of the finger-pointing.  I get tired of the blame.

I get tired of doing the right thing only to feel it’s never enough.

I get tired of working then wondering what I’m working for.

I get tired of expectations.  I get tired of disappointments.

I get tired of offering a smile to a face that turns away.

I get tired of those who always believe they know a better way to do it.

I get tired of politics.  I get tired of religion.

I get tired of Democrats who bash Republicans.

I get tired of Republicans who bash Democrats.

I get tired of gays bashing straights.

I get tired of straights bashing gays.

I get tired of seeing the taxes on my paycheck skyrocket after I’ve worked so hard all week.

I get tired of seeing the taxes on my paycheck go to those with no ambition or desire to work.

I get tired of being held accountable when the reward is to only be held more accountable.

I get tired of those who are held unaccountable when the reward is to only be held even less accountable.

I get tired of those who are forgiven but refuse to forgive.

I get tired of those who never take responsibility then bitch about how things are done.

I get tired of those who take on too much responsibility then bitch about having to do everything.

I get tired.

And if you think for one minute I’m not looking in the mirror on most of this, you’re only kidding yourself.

I do my best to be kind to everyone who crosses my path.  But everyday it gets harder and harder.  I’m gonna keep on keeping on though.

Why?  I keep telling myself, the one person I choose to be unkind to, may be the one person who needed my kindness the most.

And I’ll never know.

This world has taken on an “it’s ONLY about me” mentality and a “Fuck you if you don’t believe as I do” attitude.

And I’m going to do my best to just bitch about it, instead of joining it.

Barbara August 28, 2014 at 9:24 am

Bravo lady! Love it!

Carrie August 28, 2014 at 9:30 am

Thank you…I just sometimes get tired of faking it. =)

Teri August 28, 2014 at 9:29 am

I’m tired too. But it’s good to know I’m in good company.
Teri recently posted..Happiness…My Profile

Carrie August 28, 2014 at 9:30 am

I’M the one in good company.

Thank YOU, Teri.

Lisa Hewitt August 28, 2014 at 9:53 am

I never get tired of you. I don’t think you realize just how special you are, which might just be why you are so special. Don’t you dare let the bastards get you down. Don’t you dare change.

Carrie August 28, 2014 at 10:11 am

I do love me some Lisa. Thank you for that.

And when I say my blog readers and FB family is my therapy…I genuinely mean that. In a perfect world, I’d have y’all all over for wine and we’d sit around the pool and just gab. I love y’all more than y’all know.

Jennifer August 28, 2014 at 9:54 am

Amen sister. I have to remind myself, often (very often), that one day I will have to answer for my actions. Only mine. Therefore, I have to do what I think and feel is the right thing. Some days it is hard, and some days I get tired, but still… I try.
Jennifer recently posted..Momma Can Cook – Homemade BiscuitsMy Profile

Carrie August 28, 2014 at 10:12 am

You’re right. I tell myself everyday, it’s a choice. I can act like them or I can act like me. Sometimes I find myself starting to act like them then I have to reel myself in.

And thank you for letting me know I’m not tired alone. =)

Nerdy Girl August 28, 2014 at 11:16 am

Beautifully said! And I feel your pain.

Carrie August 28, 2014 at 11:21 am

Thank you, sister…hang in there with me. =)

CarriesExpKtchn August 28, 2014 at 3:12 pm

I get tired too Carrie, you’re not alone. I think it comes with age. The older I get the more tired I get towards nonsense in general. There is no reason for games, bad mouthing people, trying to one-up someone else, jealousy, etc. Life’s too short to worry about the BS. Live life to make you and those that respect and love you happy. That’s all we can do. Love you and your blog, don’t ever change. 🙂

Carrie August 28, 2014 at 5:57 pm

I just hugged my monitor.

You just said a mouthful of perfectness. Thank you so much. Lots of love to you and then some more.

Adelyn August 28, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Wow. I could have written this. You did it better.

Love my blog friends too. I stopped wondering if it would be weird to want to meet blog friends in person. It isn’t weird. It might not happen, but it is not weird. Or if it is, then I am weird. Whatever. All good.

“I get tired of those who are forgiven but refuse to forgive.” This.

I am so tired of so much. Faking it included. And you are so right…let’s just bitch about it and not join in. I look in the mirror all the time about it. I get tired of myself for sure.

Thank you for being someone I don’t tire of…

Carrie August 29, 2014 at 9:40 am

It’s a pretty neat thing having such great people in your life and you’ve never met them. Somehow, that sometimes makes them more “real” to me.

If you’re weird, I’m weird. =)

DOD August 29, 2014 at 10:35 am

… “dangling marsupial” … when Richard Atmar reads this they are going to have to take him straight to Farmers … !

Amber August 29, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Me too. I totally understand. Why can’t we all just get along? I mean, really?!
Amber recently posted..8 Reasons Why I’m Glad The Kids Went Back To SchoolMy Profile

jennifer niles September 1, 2014 at 9:55 pm

♥ yeah, i feel you. but like i always tell my kids… don’t let turkeys get you down.
one thing i do know from reading blogs is there are a lot of women/people really who aren’t down with the bullshit and are good people, and it gives me hope for humanity. because even though there is a lot of shit out there, and a lot of shitty people… there are a lot more who are good. they just don’t get the air play. ya know? have a good week!
jennifer niles recently posted..roasted hearts and overnight focaccia breadMy Profile

Carrie September 8, 2014 at 9:28 am

I’m seeing there are TONS of good people out there. Which is a nice refresher on most days when it feels like life has been beating you up.

Don’t let turkeys get you down. I like that. =)

candidkay September 2, 2014 at 10:57 am

So I felt a literal tiredness all weekend. But I think as a result of letting all the things you mention above, customized to my wants & needs, get to me. And last night it lifted. I got to work helping my youngest clean up his room and it all just faded away. Odd, huh? Something about immersing yourself in something that makes it all disappear.
candidkay recently posted..It does not feel right . . .My Profile

Carrie September 8, 2014 at 9:26 am

You’re right…I need to keep things in perspective and do a better job of what I allow to drain my energy.

But I just don’t think I can make myself clean my daughters room. THAT would do more harm than good for me. HA!

katie metzroth September 3, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I’m not sure, but I think that being tired beyond all reason is like step 2 of being a mom? I thought they put that in the instruction manual. no?

(well said.)
katie metzroth recently posted..Ireland – Episode ThreeMy Profile

Carrie September 8, 2014 at 9:24 am

INSTRUCTION MANUAL?? YOU GOT ONE??

Hand it over, sister…and no one gets hurt.

Carol September 4, 2014 at 3:57 pm

It’s so nice that we CAN blog and read blogs. It certainly helps get through the “I’m tired” days. We all have them and knowing that helps. Most of my life has been lived during a time when there were no computers, no blogs, no google. How awful! When I was feeling alone in the world (a difficult thing, indeed, with 4 children in the house), I didn’t have the so many wonderful people at my fingertips to connect with. Thank you for your thoughts. They always improve my day.
Carol recently posted..Got nausea?My Profile

Carrie September 8, 2014 at 9:24 am

You are totally right. There are times I think to myself, “Dear Lord is it just ME?”

And then I’ll read something and see that it’s not just me. There are others who have the same thoughts and the same feelings and the same emotions. And then there are those who don’t and give me the chance to see things through another set of eyes.

Either way though, my day improves as well.

Joy Christi September 5, 2014 at 9:48 am

OH so much THIS. I did a post recently on the SAME thing. I was TIRED of social media, TIRED of people complaining, tired of all of it. I uninstalled the Facebook app and pouted for a little while, then came back and wrote about how TIRED of being TIRED I was. That reminds me of Young Frankenstein “Oh I’m TIRED of being admired…” except I wasn’t tired of THAT, but you know.
I’m glad you started your blog, dangling marsupials and all! I like that best about you I think. Not that I would know if you left a marsupial dangling, I’m probably a huge dangler myself, I don’t even know what that means but I feel I do that. But you know what I tell a lot of my favorite bloggers? I can get proper English and correctly-structured phrases anywhere I look, but you know what is REALLY hard to find? GOOD words, strung together in an interesting way. That don’t make me tired, or send me running away from my computer. That is why I love blogs. And I LOVE yours. Yes, LOVE.
Joy Christi recently posted..Did I Leave The Iron On? FTSFMy Profile

Carrie September 8, 2014 at 8:54 am

Joy, Joy, Joy.

YOU are a doll. Thank you for making me feel a little better about being tired and not feeling so alone being tired.

I love you and you’re witty blogging and your humor!